Main Menu

Moving City Bug

Started by Kamron3, April 13, 2010, 08:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamron3

Moving the city
If you want to move the city you just have to pause the game and move the city before the opening message arrives.

This bug should really be removed.
#11 - sqaz - 03/20/2010 - 02:19

This was made on this map: http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=1100&page=

1) This bug has been around for a while...
2) It's bugging me that people can move an un-movable city... this can really kill some maps.
3) Sqaz has decided that he doesn't want to tell virgil.

No ban needed... but Sqaz that was a really un-cool thing to do.

_k

SPIFFEN

I've tryed that bug , but i cant do it .
So there might be something else to corrupt the game in an way .
I thought all of the pause bugs where fixed ,
after the new v.
As i remember , there was possibel to build towers too .

So my guess is that there is an hack that makes the game work as an old v .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Kamron3

I thought so, too, but apparently it isn't fixed as Sqaz has done it recently. And he has gotten impossible scores...

He's done it on all of my maps that have few totems and space to land an Odin City near by.

_k

Daos

I tried that pause bug today after we talked about it. It still works.

Sqaz

I thought everyone knew about this bug, it isn't that I've never said it was there (and I even wasn't the one that found that bug).

And about the banning from the forum, I think that a moderator who closes (Special OPS hurt and heal) and re-opens (Corrupt a wish) threads without any reason, should be banned himself  ;D

And what's so hard about placing 2 totems on a map.

kwinse

Quote from: Sqaz on April 13, 2010, 09:03:23 AMAnd what's so hard about placing 2 totems on a map.
Because maps shouldn't have to be designed around what is very obviously a bug. Nor should people think it's okay to use said bug.

Daos

well, it is a way to secure a certain limit to the highscores, but the gameexperience is still flawed. If I use "not moving", then I want to see the ship stuck in a particular place to fight of the creeper from that place.

Xylnalya

I agree with both Daos and Kamron here, that while the bug is there it shouldn't be used - especially for highscore means - and get fixed sooner or later. Though a ban ... o_O'' Nah.
(Just wipe all his scores everywhere, search the DB for 'Sqaz' - That'll hurt him more :3)

Sqaz

Xyl, I officially hate you ;D

PS: I'm not the only one who uses that cheat/exploit

knucracker

So let me finally say a thing or two about this bug.
It kinda goes without saying but the bug only affects custom maps that use the city locking option.  The ability to lock the city was only added 'recently' to begin with, and that is when this bug showed up.

It is a bug, and I will try to get it fixed.  Fixing it isn't the problem, though.  Once fixed old versions still have the bug.  So I have to make it so that to post a score you have to have the new version (to force people to use the new version).  I can and probably will do this....  But it can be an inconvenience for players who aren't avid followers of the website.

Kamron3

Quote from: Sqaz on April 13, 2010, 02:08:53 PM

Yes, but you didn't bother to even post here on the forums. Other people who "knew" usually aren't active forum members.

I still believe that Sqaz should have a ban from the forums, as with anyone else that is found to have used the bug and is an active member of the forums.

_k

Kamron3

Quote from: Sqaz on April 13, 2010, 09:03:23 AM
I thought everyone knew about this bug, it isn't that I've never said it was there (and I even wasn't the one that found that bug).

And about the banning from the forum, I think that a moderator who closes (Special OPS hurt and heal) and re-opens (Corrupt a wish) threads without any reason, should be banned himself  ;D

And what's so hard about placing 2 totems on a map.

Special OPS Hurt & Heal was completed.
Corrupt a Wish could continue without anything impeding it. Plus, it's the longest thread in the game and will eventually get back on topic :)

The reason why I only placed ONE totem on the map is because I wanted it that way. I also LOCKED THE CITY for a reason!

Sqaz doesnt need to be banned, but it was really uncool that he did that.

Virgil: If you could, please remove all the scores from the Tribon Series Pt 2 Map except for mine.

_k

Daos

Uh... are you asking Virgil to edit the database for a map that only consists of building a line from point A to point B? And maybe for all other maps, that had the space to move the locked city towards a place that was not intended by the creator?

Kamron3

Yes.

I dont want cheat scores on my map, even if it is just a few hundred ;(

_k

Karsten75

Quote from: Kamron3 on April 13, 2010, 03:39:37 PM
Quote from: Sqaz on April 13, 2010, 02:08:53 PM

Yes, but you didn't bother to even post here on the forums. Other people who "knew" usually aren't active forum members.

I still believe that Sqaz should have a ban from the forums, as with anyone else that is found to have used the bug and is an active member of the forums.

_k

Hmm, I thought I posted about this before (at least once). A lot of people, including me knows about the bug. I'm pretty sure Virgil knows about the bug.

Banning someone from the forums for *not* talking about the bug in the forums seems counter productive. Or even banning people from the forums when their behavior was not in the forums. What will you do with people who have used the bug and are not forum members? Or will you merely select some forum members and ban them?

I trust Virgil has a lighter finger on the ban trigger and a more fair sense of justice.