Area Denial achievement

Started by Jallun, July 31, 2014, 09:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jallun

This one is easier than it sounds, unlike what the steam achievement guide says. That guide does not state use of guppies to transport the weapon ammo packets into the top-right corner of the map next to the inhibitor. :P

What it also fails to mention is that guppies are not detected by Gliders, meaning said Gliders won't destroy a guppy, even when they've landed; they also do not detect airborne units. Thanks to that, I launched 2~3 guppies next to the southern Bertha cannon in sequence so it landed with full ammo for minimal effort. After launching an attack force (3 cannons, two mortars, one shield and two guppies alongside 15 bombers) into the top-right corner, I fired the Bertha just before the assault landed, clearing the area of creeper and aiding the bomber's AC shield (AC shield refers to the AC on the ground). It proceeded easily from there. ;)

Tjgalon

I always figured guppeies were a must anyways, so you did not tick off the gliders, lol.

4xC

When I played this level without trying to pick off gliders, I ignored the berthas completely, used Guppies, Strafers, Bombers, and Shields to clear an LZ on the West side of the peak, used PC's, Mortars, and emergency Beams to move on and won relatively easily and that win landed me what used to be the number 1 time on the submitted records.
C,C,C,C