Universal vacuum mode

Started by cclloyd9785, September 25, 2011, 03:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclloyd9785

I suggest that all units have a vacuum mode where they can suck up any AC, and store it as a payload for when they die, sort of like the drone payload, and maker onboard storage tank.

This would also allow for anti creeper "bombs" by having a unit suck up a lot of AC, and sending it directly into a pool of creeper.

Ranakastrasz

Any reason you cant use your makers for this?

cclloyd9785

They're way too slow, so they basically work only as good as using burst mode when right next to it.

UpperKEES

I suggest you stop making silly suggestions. :P
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

Or do it all on one thread... :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

CobraKill

Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

aattss

There's probably a reason that makers are slow and the only unit htat can suck up AC.

F0R

I think i wouls like to clear up why this is a problem, Certain units have certain properties this is to make the player use a wide variety of units to make the game much more interesting.

UpperKEES

You can have as many vacuming makers as you like and they won't require any energy once built. If you don't want to keep them moving just fill up the entire bottom row of the map.

The vacuum functionality was added after the initial release of the game; before that you just lost all the AC you spilled.

Keep in mind that it's often no use sucking up very thin AC, because it will hardly do any damage.

Quote from: F0R on October 02, 2011, 05:00:10 AM
Certain units have certain properties this is to make the player use a wide variety of units to make the game much more interesting.

Yeah, if reactors would be able to spit out a dark beam we wouldn't need any other unit. No fun.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview