3. January 30, 1948                9753   1min 31sec
4. June 28, 1914                     9798   1min 14sec
5. April 4, 1968                        9635   2min 16sec

Total Score: 48033  12min 23sec

Yes! I broke 48000. ;D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

ontheworld

sqaz kees and fish? i willl be chanceless  :-[

oh well, gonna give it a try anyways.

EDIT: i haven't been competitive at any time, so i won't be able to simply switch like that

UpperKEES

Being a Dutchman you probably know the Dutch expression: never shot is always a miss. ;)

And isn't the 4th place a nice one as well? :P

PS-1: it would be nice to know a closing date & time for this tournament, because I know I can still improve my scores and I wouldn't like it when someone beats me in the last hour of the tournament....

PS-2: I would love to play a weekly 5-map themed tournament that for instance ends each Sunday evening at midnight (GMT). The winner could earn the right to select the next theme from a list of proposed themes by the community, which should be done before Monday evening at midnight (GMT).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

thepenguin

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 06, 2010, 03:54:29 PM
PS-2: I would love to play a weekly 5-map themed tournament that for instance ends each Sunday evening at midnight (GMT). The winner could earn the right to select the next theme from a list of proposed themes by the community.

done
We have become the creeper...

UpperKEES

Quote from: thepenguin on September 06, 2010, 04:10:16 PM
PS-2: I would love to play a weekly 5-map themed tournament that for instance ends each Sunday evening at midnight (GMT). The winner could earn the right to select the next theme from a list of proposed themes by the community.

done

I've set up a tournament proposal here.

RandyTravis, I love this concept, so all credits to you! :)

Katra

Completed all with halfway decent scores.

1. November 22, 1963            8917  7min 17sec       
2. April 14, 1865                   9404   3min 48sec       
3. January 30, 1948               9716   1min 45sec
4. June 28, 1914                   9795   1min 15sec
5. April 4, 1968                     9017   5min 32sec

Total score 46849

I may still try to get better scores on a couple...

Definitely interested in a weekly competition.  ;D
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

ontheworld

Being a Dutchman you probably know the Dutch expression: never shot is always a miss. ;)

i know it, but i'm just kepping myself from bigger shame  :)
i tried all of them, but dodn't know to finish in under 7 minutes on any of them, wan't even close  :(

UpperKEES

The times set by others are always a good indication what kind of solution to look for. When it's less than 1:30 you probably only have to build collectors.... Ever thought of moving OC to a suitable location before starting to build? ;)

And why be ashamed? Not participating is a shame! Virgil is the creator of the game so he knows all ins & outs and he also posts his scores, even when he's not the fastest....

L'ythelle

Quote from: ontheworld on September 07, 2010, 10:55:14 AM

i know it, but i'm just kepping myself from bigger shame  :)
i tried all of them, but dodn't know to finish in under 7 minutes on any of them, wan't even close  :(

That should not keep you from playing in the tourney. Once the competition is done, players will discuss the techniques they used for individual maps. Having played the maps, you will learn a lot from this discussion. I learned both "rushing" and "bridging" from other players who were kind enough to explain the techniques to me.

After that, it just takes practice to see the best way to approach a map.

UpperKEES

Quote from: L'ythelle on September 07, 2010, 02:59:16 PM
Once the competition is done, players will discuss the techniques they used for individual maps.

I certainly will when someone asks. :) I'm also anxious to know how others did certain maps.... It's always good to learn from other players; that's how I improved my skills as well (and I still do!).

Sqaz

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 07, 2010, 02:59:16 PM
Quote from: L'ythelle on September 07, 2010, 02:59:16 PM
Once the competition is done, players will discuss the techniques they used for individual maps.

I'm also anxious to know how others did certain maps.... It's always good to learn from other players.

Me too, especially the first one, maybe I can shave of 50 points, but I don't know how you can get above 9400, and also the fourth map, why are fish and you 5points faster than me.

Allso when is this tournament going to end, I'm pretty sure I can't beat Kees anymore, but I wouldn't like it if fish would take my second spot on the last minute.

ontheworld

k, i'll do it, will be finished by tomorrow or the day after.

But i repeat, i'm a player to finish, not to beat it fast. just take a look on my own maps  :)

UpperKEES

Quote from: ontheworld on September 07, 2010, 03:48:52 PM
k, i'll do it, will be finished by tomorrow or the day after.

But i repeat, i'm a player to finish, not to beat it fast. just take a look on my own maps  :)

Do you know how many sportsmen go to the Olympics just to participate? It's the experience that counts (and will make you a better player)! :)

Quote from: Sqaz on September 07, 2010, 03:28:29 PM
Me too, especially the first one, maybe I can shave of 50 points, but I don't know how you can get above 9400, and also the fourth map, why are fish and you 5points faster than me.

I'll post you a screeny when I'm still at the #1 spot at the end of the tournament. I can still improve 20-30 points I guess, but I won't bother until I really need them. I like to know about your approach for the island map (I had to change my strategy completely after your first score for that one).

Allso when is this tournament going to end, I'm pretty sure I can't beat Kees anymore, but I wouldn't like it if fish would take my second spot on the last minute.

I guess we'll know when RandyTravis returns from his trip. In the meanwhile you can post suggestions for a new theme here, because I prefer to pick a theme proposed by someone else to avoid suspicion (if I win of course; never praise the day until it's evening as we say here).

Fisherck

You do not need to worry about me, what you see is what you get. :) I have barely enough time to get on here and post today, let alone play all those maps and try to nock off a second or two. I had time on saturday to get my score that high, but now that it is the week day your in the safe zone.

As for when this will end, I do not think that will matter too much. 2 guesses who will win this tournament. ;) But all we need is a topic and the dates for the topic and we are set for the next tournament. Since it is a weekly tournament I am assuming it will start Monday as that is the beginning of the week, so no rush. :P

And one more thought. That tournament is only for dates that have already happened. So we are limited up to 2010, which is about 733650 maps. Not really a shortage there. But what about the other roughly 2800000 maps? Maybe we could set up a tournament for those too. Maybe decided random dates by the winner, anything past the current date. Or maybe we can even have two byweekly (I think that is the right word) tournements going. They alternate every week so as not to tire one tournament out too much.

Just a thought. :D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Fisherck on September 07, 2010, 11:05:18 PM
And one more thought. That tournament is only for dates that have already happened. So we are limited up to 2010, which is about 733650 maps. Not really a shortage there. But what about the other roughly 2800000 maps? Maybe we could set up a tournament for those too.

Indeed no shortage, but we could also extend the themes with future celebrations, like for for inventions: 1000 years use of electricity, light bulbs, telephone, internet and peanut butter.