Custom Map #8900: AltEmitter - 6. By: -

Started by AutoPost, September 22, 2020, 10:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8900: AltEmitter - 6

Author: -
Size: 155x75

Desc:
Are the seasons changing? A couple gates are grouped by number. Some units updated, again, but it probably doesn’t make much difference to the game play. Lots of unneccessary portals. All units are enabled. Unlimited Forge.

yum-forum

Hyphen, you are so creative! Good lu, Sir!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Twi

Good stuff!

One request: could you change the spore image? The current one is basically invisible unless you're staring right at it!
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

TrickyPlayer

Normal people: Ight imma start far away from that scary red inhibit-
Spoiler

me: haha sprayer go brr now I own 50% of all structures on the right.
Also me: haha convert go brr (drowns inhibitor in it's own creeper)
Also also me: wait that's all? I didn't even flip half of the level yet!
[close]

Yeah, I'm kinda like ruining everything with my 'tactics'.
If you don't want me to use my 'strategical moveset' (consisting of finding the easiest method to win) you will have to give me less tools to work with.
It would probably have been an interesting level if I played it as intended.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

-

Quote from: yum-forum on September 23, 2020, 03:48:08 AM
Hyphen, you are so creative! Good lu, Sir!  :)
I try to code something each time. It feels like I'm producing forced automatic updates though.

Quote from: Twi on September 23, 2020, 09:18:41 AM
Good stuff!

One request: could you change the spore image? The current one is basically invisible unless you're staring right at it!
The spores themselves or the towers? Maybe coloring them to match the creeper underneath wasn't the best idea.

Quote from: TrickyPlayer on September 23, 2020, 10:10:15 AM
If you don't want me to use my 'strategical moveset' (consisting of finding the easiest method to win) you will have to give me less tools to work with.
There always seems to be a way to rush. Wait... someone beat it in 8.6 seconds?? That's enough time to build a collector, and not much else.

Twi

Quote from: - on September 23, 2020, 02:36:22 PM
The spores themselves or the towers? Maybe coloring them to match the creeper underneath wasn't the best idea.

The spores themselves. I think the small size is more of a problem than matching the creeper underneath, but there's that too.

Also, I don't think it's bad to have a way to rush as long as it's not too easy  :P
Spoiler
I landed a command node on the right myself, but didn't manage to do much of value with it. But I figured I had three CNs so I might as well try it!
[close]
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: - on September 23, 2020, 02:36:22 PM

There always seems to be a way to rush. Wait... someone beat it in 8.6 seconds?? That's enough time to build a collector, and not much else.

Oh, but zerostage cheats at most levels, so that doesn't count. (Just check their scores, it's true)
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

D0m0nik

I copletely missed that right hand landing zone!!

Riskbreaker

well, the only weapon i use in this kind of map are beams.
also i loved that upgrading the emiter didnt reset it back to 1 lol

Spoiler
and imagine trying to get a headstart on the upgrade chips before reaching them and then forgetting they upgrade the enemy chips if corrupted hahaha
[close]

Oblits

Given so many tools:      :)

Spoiler

Without the terp, a combination of sprayer and multiple power zone nullifiers can do this map in under 4:30
[close]

D0m0nik

Quote from: Oblits on September 25, 2020, 12:55:43 AM
Given so many tools:      :)

Spoiler

Without the terp, a combination of sprayer and multiple power zone nullifiers can do this map in under 4:30
[close]

How do you stack nullifers??

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: D0m0nik on September 25, 2020, 07:09:46 AM
How do you stack nullifers??

The level forces a lot of stacked nullifiers to be placed instead of one when you try to nullify the inhibitor.

Loren Pechtel

I was halfway across the map and suddenly my base was wiped by a totally insane spore storm.