Custom Map: Quagmire Quest 4: The Twin Gates

Started by AutoPost, December 31, 2010, 12:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Quagmire Quest 4: The Twin Gates

Author: UpperKEES

Desc:
Creeper attacking from two sides. Eight emitters to be capped. Only six blasters available. How are you going to handle that?

UpperKEES

Title:
Quagmire Quest 4: The Twin Gates
Difficulty:
Expert Only
Creeper type:
Land & air
Remarks:
Creeper attacking from two sides. Eight emitters to be capped. Only six blasters available. How are you going to handle that?

Description:
The true battle between good and evil begins!

Surrounded by evil creeper Odin City seems lost. There's no safe place, so it seems you can only defend yourself.

But how to defend yourself without the ability to build weapons? How to cap 8 emitters with only 6 blasters?

The answer is simple: rely on the friendly spores and use them to your advantage! They can not only hold back the evil creeper, but they are also capable of capping emitters for you! How? That's for you to find out....

Hundred friendly spores will arrive after:
- 10 seconds
- 3 minutes
- 2.5 minutes
- 2 minutes
- 1.5 minutes
- 1 minute (repeating)

Download page:
Quagmire Quest 4: The Twin Gates

Full size screen shot:

More maps:
See here for all Nice Jobs, Hard Art and Quagmire Quests 8)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

RichieRich

SPIFFEN

Reserved for me to use alot of tryes to figure out this map =P
I hope i get time to do so =)
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Michionlion

thx finnally for the desc! ;)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Fisherck

It looks like he has been very busy lately. His last post was the reserved spot up there. He has been active, but I do not think he has been on very long. I know what it is like to be busy... :'(
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

Okay, the description is up now. Sorry for the delay. I'll be leaving the forums, see here.

A few tips how to solve this map:

Spoiler
- Keep building some collectors close to the entrance, so the spores will keep them sealed.
[close]

Spoiler
- Don't build too many collectors at locations where the spores get 'wasted'. Better use some storage units to connect the collectors on the ground.
[close]

Spoiler
- Don't waste too much energy on the creeper flowing in from the left and right when the spores are already taking care of this.
[close]

Spoiler
- You will need to cap 2 emitters by building collectors around them.
[close]

Spoiler
- Use the blasters that were capping these 2 emitters to cap the last 2 emitters.
[close]

Spoiler
- You may have to fly around some blasters and 'dip' them briefly into the creeper to prevent the emitters in the towers from flooding the central area.
[close]

There's definitely some randomness involved in this map, which is inherent to the use of (friendly) spores, but the large numbers (100 per wave) make sure you will definitely be able to finish.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

NNR_Alex

I read your going away post, KEEPS.  Gotta say I may not have been able to finish all your maps, but I had fun playing the one's I did, you were one of the most progressive designers we had here, and I'm sure you taught a lot of people new ways to make maps, just as you learned from your other fellow map designers.

Michionlion

well, also, you can still finish playing his maps.  they stay in the map page.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!