Help on Corvus.

Started by adamcieslicki, November 24, 2009, 04:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamcieslicki

Hi there,
I have tried Corvus a number of times, and regardless of how I end up trying to build up my area, I cannot seem to advance, the creeper seems to come along at such a rate that regardless of what I do, the creeper eventually overwhelms me. I have tried going for an 'expansion is everything' tactic, and I ended up getting killed. I then tried a 'I am a big turtle, you cant get me' route, and that got me killed as well. Having tried a balance of the two, and having gotten killed again, i decided to come to you guys and beg for some help

Aurzel

Dont worry i faileld my first time too, mostly because i didnt get to the distant pods in time so here's a good strategy that's fairly easy to pull off:
First priority is to rescue the pods of course, for that you need a bit of energy, build some collectors till most of your starting island is covered then start building relays, build one line going west and another going south using the tiny island just south of your start to hop across, never descend into the lowland areas, for the far west pods build on the raised ground just to the left of them so that the creeper wont destroy them on the off chance you took too long.
Once the pods are secure spend a bit of time buidling collectors on a few islands as well as a pair of mortars, on to the north and one to the south on the islands in the centre of the map. These will keep the creeper confined to the west while you build some collectors and speed, after that you need to fly your mortars west to bombard the emitters, if you target right you should force back the creeper on the western islands while building a blaster on each to keep the north west and south west islands secure, once your mortars are out of ammo fly them back and connect them up again and together with the blasters should keep the creeper confined to the immediate surroundings of the emitters. From there its just a process of getting enough focused fire to the point where its possible to build relays to give power to the three western most totems.

If any of that's a bit confusing let me know and i'll post a few screenies.

p.s. i have won by slowly pushing back the creeper from low but its a very slow and laborius task

adamcieslicki

So am I right in thinking that there is no point in building extra collectors until the relays are set up? And that therefore you start looking only at mortars, never blasters?

Aurzel

like i said, collectors only on your starting island till the relays are done and a couple of blasters to push back the creeper on the islands so that your mortars can bombard the emitters

adamcieslicki

Just tried this, have managed to get all the survivors, so am now just working to protect what I have already built. Have 3 mortars building and will go from there

Aurzel

personally i used two mortars and two blasters, once i had the two eat totem islands secure, i flew the mortars to the centre west island to fire till they ran out of ammo, after a couple of runs i could build a relay to that island and i was able to power my mortars from there

Karsten75

Hi guys, I also need some help on Corvus please. I can't seem to grok it. In the southwest corner of the map is a rather low-lying island with a survivor pod on it. The blue stuff floods it before the line of relays can get there. It is hard to get a direct line of relays there, as I can't seem to position a relay on an adjacent island that can reach it and the blue stuff always eats the relay I put in the plain..  Any help?

Alwego

Corvus - step by step:
http://rapidshare.com/files/325923021/Corvus.rar

Sorry for low quality and *.rar file but on YT I can send only <10m file :(

Karsten75

Karsten75

Here's my latest on how to beat this:

nic nac

that's... oddly familar (did it similar).
logical S... means big S... - me

Karsten75

Quote from: nic nac on February 09, 2010, 12:56:24 PM
that's... oddly familar (did it similar).

Did you post it somewhere?  I just tried a different layout and got it in just over 10 minutes.  I posted to the online scoreboard and got #17 overall and #4 recent.  Didn't see your score there.

DwarF

I´m currenty working on a walktroh of creeper world and are at the moment uploading corvus
Playlist at http://www.youtube.com/user/rcx760#grid/user/10FBA61E44B1D28B

Karsten75

Quote from: DwarF on February 09, 2010, 02:18:46 PM
I´m currenty working on a walktroh of creeper world and are at the moment uploading corvus
Playlist at http://www.youtube.com/user/rcx760#grid/user/10FBA61E44B1D28B

Well, my most recent walkthrough is much faster than yours!  :)

creeper killer

I failed the first time because I wanted toi see what would happen if a suvival pod got destroyed. but what I do is I build collectors around the starting island and then I relay to all the islands that have survival pods on them. when I got all the survivors I fall back to the 3 middle islands( the frontest island that arent being devoured by creeper) then I build collectors til I get about 3-4 collection. then I start building blasters. 1 or 2 on each island.(3 on the starting island) then the creeper clears around the starting island and I build a few collectors and move 2 blasters around the sides. then just slowly advance and a few motar "bombing runs" and you should win.
(sorry about the vagueness)
Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)