Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmileyCoder

Your welcome. I figured this time I would record all my attempts instead of just recording "a solution", in the hope that my thought process would shine through more, and show what I tried before finding "a solution".
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Neko187

4906 L/H this is a mean, mean map. no surface emitters, but 3 of them under the ground that break free in a few minutes. two of them have drone-spamming gateways, and every 45 seconds you get 10 phantoms. if that wasn't bad enough, there is barely any room to dig in, with only enough room to get your collection up to 9 or so.
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

florrat

@Sushiman, that map is indeed very mean, but entirely possible. I found room to gather 11 energy on the surface, which gave me enough time to clear out the upper layer of creeper, and to build more reactors needed to fully supply my dark beam. From there on, it is straightforward. See attachment.

EDIT: Thank you for posting it, I liked the challenge. Also, It took a great deal of micromanagement (N key).

florrat

I completed yellow party from Large/High.

I also tried linhslabnetyvzxwghilpatrgzhxlzllprtqszxplqrsgzxplzfghijk Large/High for a long time, and I can dig myself in, but then the drones are killing me. See attachment

SmileyCoder

I have given linhslabnetyvzxwghilpatrgzhxlzllprtqszxplqrsgzxplzfghijk  a couple of goes, trying to go both right and left, but nothing so far.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

gu250

2013 Large/High it's very diffucult, i can't do it, if someone do post a screen. Ty

florrat

Quote from: gu250 on January 22, 2013, 03:03:50 PM
2013 Large/High it's very diffucult, i can't do it, if someone do post a screen. Ty
Just completed it. It was a nice challenge. Attached you'll find some screens, which will hopefully help you.

Loyal

some tree when, Any Size/High

There's a surface emitter with strength 11 million and up. On Large it's eighty million. It's also got drones helping it.

florrat

Quote from: Loyal on January 22, 2013, 10:58:13 PM
some tree when, Any Size/High

There's a surface emitter with strength 11 million and up. On Large it's eighty million. It's also got drones helping it.

Definitely possible. Did not complete it yet, but here's a screenshot

xakka

water can when     Large/High 

There is just too many droids at the start as well as the surface creeper, could not beat even if able to grab a gem

Wheatmidge

Quote from: xakka on January 30, 2013, 05:26:25 PM
water can when     Large/High 

There is just too many droids at the start as well as the surface creeper, could not beat even if able to grab a gem

That was quite a tough beginning. I little drone evasion and very careful energy conservation allows you to grab the gems and dig in. Hmmm, I thought I took a screen shot once I was safely dug in. But I guess I didn't.

ea3401

Quote from: Wheatmidge on February 02, 2013, 03:40:58 AM
Hmmm, I thought I took a screen shot once I was safely dug in. But I guess I didn't.

UpperKEES

POW!!! (small/high)

See here. Kithros?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

ea3401

Quote from: UpperKEES on February 20, 2013, 02:43:09 PM
POW!!! (small/high)
At least it is possible to survive for 25 mins while waiting for upgrades.

UpperKEES

Quote from: ea3401 on February 24, 2013, 05:12:41 PM
At least it is possible to survive for 25 mins while waiting for upgrades.

Oh, even with space left! I consider that beaten.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview