Build/Reload Speeds

Started by Wheatmidge, December 22, 2013, 06:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheatmidge

Is there any way to make nullifiers or Berthas fire faster?
I haven't actually tested numbers but it seems like the fire rate upgrades only affect fire rate and not reload speed so the upgrade does not help bethas or nullifiers. Or thor for that matter. Is there an upgrade that will increase the reload speed of Berthas and nullifiers?

Clean0nion

Quote from: Wheatmidge on December 22, 2013, 06:01:49 PM
I haven't actually tested numbers but it seems like the fire rate upgrades only affect fire rate and not reload speed so the upgrade does not help bethas or nullifiers. Or thor for that matter. Is there an upgrade that will increase the reload speed of Berthas and nullifiers?
You can increase the build speed (the rate at which they request build packets) but not the ammo speed. The best you can hope to do is increase the packet movement speed, that normally causes the desired effect.

Grauniad

Bertha's can fire faster, I think if you up the packet speed and packets arrive quicker.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Wheatmidge

I thought the packet request speed was the same no matter what. but if you increase packet speed it increases bertha fire rate? Does that work for nullifiers too?

Grauniad

the packets arrive faster. AS soon as a packet arrives, the next one can be requested
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Wheatmidge

Very good to know.  :)
Thank you for the extremely speedy responses.

Cavemaniac

Remember, the ultimate way to get a Bertha to fire faster is to put it on a PZ - it only needs 75 to fire so it fires twice as often as a vanilla Bertha.

And the triple shot counts as a bonus!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Nephthys

Quote from: Cavemaniac on December 22, 2013, 06:31:40 PM

Remember, the ultimate way to get a Bertha to fire faster is to put it on a PZ - it only needs 75 to fire so it fires twice as often as a vanilla Bertha.

And the triple shot counts as a bonus!

Precisely! I glad you added that to the thread. I use Berthas on PZs whenever possible for the very reasons you outlined. And taught us in an earlier thread. Thx! I also use your hint of placing Strafers on PZs. Flying cannons indeed!