My suggestion for future releases

Started by Wally, October 08, 2013, 05:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally

Hi everyone, and especially Virgil. Thank you so much for the great work you've done and thanks to all the beta testers because it seems the game has hardly any bug (I didn't see one for myself).

I would like to post some suggestions for future releases of CW3 :
- would it be possible to export/import settings (scores, progression, key settings ...) to reuse them on a different computer, or share the game with different persons on the same computer (profiles) ? 
- sometimes I play "offline" and would like to submit all scores that have not yet been submitted on your server, without reopening each game, and losing some precious seconds just to re-claim victory and submit score.
- when playing behind a proxy, I can't connect and submit scores or view other people's scores. It would be nice to be able to define a proxy (IP/port/login/passwd) in a connection settings tab.

Keep up the good work (and have some well deserved rest) Virgil,

Cheers from France,

Wally :D
Wally

Grauniad

Based on your other note, I looked though your posting history. Easy to do with infrequent posters - no so easy for someone that posts as much as I do. :)

1. Import/export settings: This may help. It's probably the best you're going to get.

2. Resubmit scores: Right now it's clumsy sine you can open a game, and when you exit it will offer to submit the score again. Based on how the game (and game files) are structured, I don't see that there will be an easier option possible anytime soon.

3: Proxy settings: Probably not going to happen. I don't see why it should break, since a proxy is suppose to simply forward your requests, but then again, it's not the customary way and it may be complex.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Cherry

oooh, in regards to different settings on the same computer:

I think a "profile" option would be awesome!  a simple clickable link to change profiles would also allow me to restart story mode without having to give up my progress on tormented space ect....I would LOVE that put in the game!