Repulors to relocated Greeper

Started by Ranakastrasz, May 27, 2011, 09:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Quote from: Nemoricus on June 02, 2011, 02:42:10 PM
Pipes sound like a really cool idea, and I can picture people spending hours just playing with them.

Me too! :)

Quote from: Nemoricus on June 02, 2011, 02:42:10 PM
A suggestion for pipes: Have the option to 'block' pipes, so that you can stop anti-creeper flowing through them. This would allow you to reconfigure the network without losing anti-creeper to the leak. Or do damage control when creeper destroys a part of the network.

Use a shield? This will also allow to build up some pressure at the end of the line.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Nemoricus

That wouldn't do much good for pipes in the middle of the network. Also, you can't have a shield where you're going to build the new pipe, so the network would leak until you put down the new pipe there.

thepenguin

Quote from: virgilw on June 02, 2011, 02:22:54 PM
Yeah I think so too.  Pipes could carry anti-creeper all day long.  If a drone or creeper touches them, then 'pop'... you've got a leak in your pipeline.

yay, now I don't have to make my own pipes in the editor when it comes out!
We have become the creeper...

UpperKEES

Quote from: Nemoricus on June 02, 2011, 03:44:49 PM
That wouldn't do much good for pipes in the middle of the network. Also, you can't have a shield where you're going to build the new pipe, so the network would leak until you put down the new pipe there.

Then you build a shield adjacent to it....

thepenguin

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 02, 2011, 04:15:07 PM
Quote from: Nemoricus on June 02, 2011, 03:44:49 PM

Then you build a shield adjacent to it....

that sill doesen't solve the problem of how to get the new pipe in, though

UpperKEES

Not sure if I understand the problem:

S
PPPPPPPLPPPP
       S

P = pipe
L = leak
S = shield

Wouldn't that work?

Nemoricus

Ah, that'd work. I was thinking that you meant putting a shield in the space between the two pipes, where it would block construction of a new pipe.

CobraKill

But what if the end gets severed or something? Also Virgil said there would be a T and 4-way for pipes. Then we should be able to block off certain ways. Also how would you get the AC into the pipe? Maybe the new vacuum unit/maker function could have a button to push up/left/right/down into a pipe? One more thing what about a diagonal pipe? Could that work?
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

UpperKEES

Quote from: The Commander on June 02, 2011, 05:46:31 PM
Also Virgil said there would be a T and 4-way for pipes.

Not sure if the anti-Creeper would be divided evenly because of gravity.

But what if the end gets severed or something? Then we should be able to block off certain ways.

Shields? See above.

Also how would you get the AC into the pipe?

Repulsors? Or just put your maker at the start of it.

Krell

remove gravity inside pipes, simplest solution to problems with pipe forks. as for how to get creeper in just have the end cap able to be mounted by a repulsor or maker and that either forces it into the pipe or creates it already in the pipe.

UpperKEES

I actually like it when you have to combine different types of units to get something done. It's like 1+1=3. :)

Krell

Too bad this whole pipe idea will be ruined if sponges are implemented. I personally prefer pipes to sponges.

thepenguin

Quote from: Krell on June 03, 2011, 02:42:51 PM
Too bad this whole pipe idea will be ruined if sponges are implemented. I personally prefer pipes to sponges.

no spounges as of yet

Krell

read the pins at the top of the suggestions recently? they want to turn the maker into a vacuum...

CobraKill

Quote from: Krell on June 03, 2011, 05:42:03 PM
read the pins at the top of the suggestions recently? they want to turn the maker into a vacuum...

I want Both  ;D
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.