Several Convenience suggestions

Started by Ranakastrasz, May 20, 2011, 08:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kithros

The only time I have a problem with my blasters targetting drones is when I'm trying to nullify an emitter, and too many blasters shoot at once as opposed to a smaller number of them targetting it over a longer amount of time - which lets the creeper spread just far enough to destroy the nullifier. The only other situation I could see being possible is if you wanted to make sure drones died to friendly creeper instead of blaster fire - which usually has a pretty small impact on energy use, but admittedly it can happen.

UpperKEES

You can solve this by building your blasters out of sync. Blasters (without upgrades) will fire every 10 frames (3 times a second) and this frame is determined by the moment you build them. So if you pause the game, build 4 blasters and unpause, they will all fire in the same frame. Build them a few frames apart and they will be out of sync.

In some cases you like them to be in sync however. When 4 blasters fire at the same drone at once, it immediately dies, while it will heal a little in between shots when your blasters are out of sync, thus requiring an additional 5th shot.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

ctuna

I'd like to see the save feature show the elapsed game time, instead of (or as well as) the time the game was saved. When I'm saving various stages in a game to try different strategies, I sometimes have to load several saved versions to get the one where I want to diverge from previous paths. I'm too old to remember where I was and too lazy to take notes.

knucracker

Quote from: ctuna on May 22, 2011, 07:51:51 PM
I'd like to see the save feature show the elapsed game time, instead of (or as well as) the time the game was saved. When I'm saving various stages in a game to try different strategies, I sometimes have to load several saved versions to get the one where I want to diverge from previous paths. I'm too old to remember where I was and too lazy to take notes.

This is a good idea....

pixlepix

What about being able to put a line of text in with a saved file.
I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(

ctuna

Even better, unless it causes reasonable saving constraints.

Maybe there is a way to save a sequence with notes as to what was expected along the path, with reminders about what to expect or to do when. They could be added to pop up at selected times as selected by the writer, or as a timetable that could be hidden and re-acquired as requested by the player. Coule be hidden or not on request.

Again, this is something that any player could do as off-computer writtten notes, but as sophisticated as this game is, it could be coded as personal notes to fellow creeper-killers or personal reminders of observations and tactics.

J

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on May 21, 2011, 11:58:09 PM
when you have 30+ blasters with full range upgrades that all stop holding back the creeper to shoot at a drone with 4 health, it gets irritating.
I don't really have problems with it, but how about an option to wait one frame longer by clicking a button?

Ranakastrasz

My one remaining suggestion in this thread still has not really been addressed, so I think bumping may be OK.