start a contest

Started by bringerofdeath, February 22, 2015, 02:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bringerofdeath

okay what if to get people hyped up for the new game u are developing that you make a creeper world 3 custom map the hardest ever!!!! and you run it for a month and the top 5 people who had the quickest time get to beta test the new game when you feel ready enough or you could do other contests too it would be so awesome

Epic4242

Oh god no...

:) I'm just kidding.

It's just that I kinda suck at CW3 but really want to do the beta or alpha or any testing at all...

Maybe we could do that competition AND let other people (ie: me) do it aswell?

joe130794

I'd gladly enter that haha. Just any maps really big and my laptop lags a little. Takes ages to do some missions

pawel345

I think someone had a similar idea when CW3 was in beta :D But I don't think it ever happened. Still that would make many players sad as not all can clear maps quickly/make great maps. Some of us(like me :P ) can just casually play the maps that others make.

J

I think the best way to get into beta is to play the latest game every now and then, be active on the forums and post good idea's, comments, whatever the topic asks, as long as it adds something to the topic. KC is my homepage for many years now and I haven't missed a single post (excluding map comments). This got me in the CW3 beta. But whatever you do, make sure quality goes over quantity.

miquelfire

Quote from: J on March 07, 2015, 12:58:33 PM
But whatever you do, make sure quality goes over quantity.

I'll just keep lurking then.

warren

I think the number one reason this will never happen is because eliminating cheaters will prove too difficult. Otherwise this might be a viable idea.

thejoe66

I'm against a contest. Everyone should have a fair chance at getting in to the beta. I for one could never win the contest so I feel that's a bit unfair for people like me.
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

thumbmaster

How about 10 (or whatever number) of top players and the same number of lowest score players? Might be a good idea to get feedbacks from expert players as well as beginners.
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

pawel345

Well define "lowest score" so I need to turn on the map almost win it so I have 1 emitter left and then let the game run for a few days so my score gets lowered?  Seems a bit pointless. :(

Epic4242

Well I don't mean to be rude but I think that the "lowest score" suggestion was mainly to suggest that the contest doesn't necessarily need to be so that the best players can give feedback and that's all.
Also the players that are good at CW might be bad at the particle game and vice versa (I am aware that it doesn't really bring any thing to the table but it's something worth noticing right?)

Nico

Grayzzur

I don't see a contest as suggested serving the needs of the developer. It's in the developer's best interest to have a wide range of player skills in the Beta, but with players who are also good technical writers -- players who can identify issues, describe the issues, and the steps to recreate them. The Beta is about polishing up the game, not giving out free previews. J's post is your best shot, imo.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker