Anti-creeper fairly useless?

Started by Measure, July 28, 2011, 01:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclloyd9785

It is not useless.  Ill admit, sometimes I do not touch it, usually when experimentals are allowed, but its a way to help hold back the creeper when Im low on power since it takes none to run, other thant he rigs.

I also use it when attacking down so as to push it back easier.

BoostBreed75

It is also an excellent redundant protection from phantoms in micro-gravity environments.

Grauniad

A new wrinkle that Virgil added fairly recently is that fast drones are slowed down by flying though anti-creeper. Not only do they take damage, but they are also slowed down to make them easier targets.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Jay the Juggernaut

Quote from: Grauniad on July 29, 2011, 03:15:27 PM
A new wrinkle that Virgil added fairly recently is that fast drones are slowed down by flying though anti-creeper. Not only do they take damage, but they are also slowed down to make them easier targets.

Well then that makes anti-creeper even better! ;D
Personally, I like to use it as a shield bubble for my blasters.
I'll mostly be lurking as a guest, not much into posting anymore. :P

gocubbies1212

on the last day in story mode, you can use the anti-creeper to stop any drones from moving to the outside edges of the nexus.  then, you can simply destroy the emitters with nulifiers :D  so, in my opinion, anti-creeper can be extremely useful.

Ginger88895

I complete every level without anti-creeper except:
1.Day 1(Tutorial ask me to do that)
2.Day 20(You must use this to damn the nexus).

mthw2vc

Nah, you can beat both the tutorial and day without anticreeper at all if you're fast enough. If you can cut the nexus off from incoming creeper before it finishes building, it shouldn't pose a threat anymore... ;) As for day 1, deactivate the maker before it can produce any anticreeper after advancing the cutscene.

jkljkljkljkl

I can't beat grass car three/small high without anti-creeper.

It features a 100M titan trapped at the edge near a corner, with build space for about 31 energy (though I found I needed to remove a small amount of build space to get a better shot with the launchers).
Spoiler

The creeper is so intense that you have to use repulsors and distant launchers to stop the advance, since blasters are simply too weak on their own. Even using as many repulsors as possible (which is quite a lot, but too many doesn't leave enough power for launchers and the creeper overwhelms the repulsors), the only way I could beat it was to:
1. Save up almost all the crystals completely built but not used
2. Save up all the accessible ore in the entire map in four makers

then right at the end burst all makers just where you want to build the nullifier, grab the crystals and build a shield and nullifier in the available spot.
[close]

Ginger88895

Yes... Ignore upper creeper and drones...
I think 3min guys use this method...