**Spoiler** How I managed to complete Mission 20

Started by Nephthys, September 20, 2013, 03:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephthys

For the record, I would have lived to be 100 before I figured Level 20 out on my own. I found only 2 videos on YouTube for Mission 20. I followed the one by Timothy Murphy pretty much step by step with a few ideas of my own added at the end. I feel like I should give him credit, although he posted his video two years ago. There is also a video by MadMurphyGames (same person??). I started following that one, but found the former easier to follow.

Just do a search on YT for Creeper World 2 Day 20 if you wish to view the videos for examples. I suppose it is obvious that this is what to do if you are stumped. I guess I mainly want to give credit where credit is due & in my case it is to Timothy Murphy whomever that may be. For all I know he frequents these forums!

CANNOT wait for CW3. Thank you Virgil for creating these games & the hours of pleasure (& escape) they have provided. BRAVO! (Also I very much appreciate the reasonable pricing. You deserve every penny, pence, peso, etc.).

dlbushman

I didn't figure it out on my own either, I had 4 dark beams blasting the thing for about 5 minutes before I started searching the internet for what I was doing wrong.

Marley

Quote from: Nephthys on September 20, 2013, 03:36:14 AM
For the record, I would have lived to be 100 before I figured Level 20 out on my own.

Nephthys, when I got to the point where you are I started on the custom maps, but I went back to the very last page.  Those are the earliest custom maps, and some of them look very basic.  You can play the maps and read the comments as people discover how maps and resources work.  It seemed like a good way to learn and apply one or two new skills at a time, rather than jumping into the more complex maps being created now and having to learn about everything all at once.

Nephthys

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Thanks for the good advice. I'll take you up on it. I just can't seem to get enough of this game! I'll remember to start at the BACK of the lot.

I have managed to figure out a few of the Bonus Missions on my own. But it still takes me a long time. Also, I used to hesitate to use drones. Now I feel quite idiotic for NOT using them. IIRC at first it seemed as though they didn't do much damage. Now I just keep sending them back out as soon as they are powered back up & it has made a huge difference.

Thanks again! I am always open to constructive criticism & advice.