Tip?

Started by D0m0nik, December 04, 2020, 02:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D0m0nik

Very excited to see this released. Thank you for all of your hard work. Your games have given me thousands of hours of relaxation and enjoyment (i should get another hobby  ;)) Do you have a paypal or some way that we can directly tip the developer?

Karsten75

You (and many like you) are very kind and generous. However, the developer believes in a fair exchange of value. He priced his game at what he thinks is fair and that is what he expects to receive from each customer. He does not want or expect more from any one individual.

If you want to give the developer a gift, buy extra copies of his game and give it to friends and family to spread the word. :)

D0m0nik

Well the value of these games has for me far exceeded what I have paid for them!! Thank you once again to the Dev!

mzimmer74

Quote from: D0m0nik on December 04, 2020, 11:25:27 AM
Well the value of these games has for me far exceeded what I have paid for them!! Thank you once again to the Dev!

I completely agree with this sentiment! Great games that have given me countless hours of entertainment. Well worth the price!
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

peter

My 2 cents worth of thought on the pricing level and what the game is worth to us who play them.

Yes, those of us who are fortunate enough to have over a decade of playing the creeper world of games know that the many hours to come of playing the latest will be worth far more than the actual price of the game. So we would easily part with more of our cash for the game.

However, we were all new to this universe once and there are millions out there who have not yet ventured, either deliberately, or by accident, (As was my case) so will not yet know the true vale of the game.  Imagine the first time you reached into your pocket to buy the first game.  You probably did so hoping it would be worth it. And as it was a reasonable price, that was comparable to other games out at that time, you felt it was worth the risk.

What if it had been priced at the price you now feel it is worth to you?  Would you have made that initial purchase?

This is what brand new visitors to this universe will be pondering as they look at what they want to spend their hard earned, or long time saved, cash on.  If this game was priced at what us long term players would pay for it nobody new would buy it.  Which would probably mean they would also not look at getting the earlier evolutions in the universe we happily lose ourselves in.

I personally would have paid more for the game.  I could say the same for many games I have enjoyed over the last 25+ years.  But had I not already known about how much enjoyment I would get from it as a new potential buyer I would have to say price is something that has stopped my buying other games. If a new player likes this game they may well buy the others, so then this game sale has more value than the price paid.

Quote from: Karsten75 on December 04, 2020, 05:42:26 AM
If you want to give the developer a gift, buy extra copies of his game and give it to friends and family to spread the word. :)

Probably more like 5 cents worth than 2, but you get where I am coming from I hope.