Mission: Do all members

Started by SmileyCoder, January 11, 2012, 06:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Lord_Farin on January 16, 2012, 05:01:48 PM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on January 13, 2012, 09:23:26 PM
I could use some strategy advice on defeating Crysen, I'm stumped.  There's a chamber with two titans *AND* drones.
Generally when attacking titans without experimentals, launchers and in particular repulsors and shields are your friends. Also, it can help to save some crystal energy to allow 60+ energy usage (though 90M is, at least without drones, beatable with lower energy). It might be possible to take out the top two emitters fast enough to prevent the bottom chambers to merge (so you can take out one emitter without bothering about the other), but such may require Kithros' time management.

The problem is that the drones kill shields very quickly so I don't get any time to pound the chamber and so I can't contain the creeper.

Lov

Quote from: Loren Pechtel
The problem is that the drones kill shields very quickly so I don't get any time to pound the chamber and so I can't contain the creeper.

I've done Crysen I had around 20 Blasters and 20 Launchers all aimed at a small opening on the bottom left and it still took me around 20 minutes just to pound the creeper down, drones shouldn't even be able to get near the shields you need more blasters for the drones there has to be a better way to do it.

Kithros

Well, I would use fewer blasters and more launchers - if your blasters are fully upgraded, you won't need very many of them to kill off the drones. Just 2 or 3 fully upgraded blasters should be fine to keep them away from the shields. Use more repulsors also (once you start advancing that is - initially attacking the chamber just use shields to hold the creeper off)

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Kithros on January 18, 2012, 10:49:45 AM
Well, I would use fewer blasters and more launchers - if your blasters are fully upgraded, you won't need very many of them to kill off the drones. Just 2 or 3 fully upgraded blasters should be fine to keep them away from the shields. Use more repulsors also (once you start advancing that is - initially attacking the chamber just use shields to hold the creeper off)

But how do you keep the creeper from eroding the shields before you've pounded it down enough to contain it?  The need of blasters means you can't have much shielding to give you time to pound it.

Kithros

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on January 18, 2012, 01:22:59 PM
Quote from: Kithros on January 18, 2012, 10:49:45 AM

But how do you keep the creeper from eroding the shields before you've pounded it down enough to contain it?  The need of blasters means you can't have much shielding to give you time to pound it.
There isn't anything really stopping you from moving blasters back and building more shields - use more blasters to cover for the blasters as they're moving if necessary. Worst case scenario just use lots of repulsors on the choke point you made for yourself (hopefully with a length of more than 1 cell), and have the launchers fire into the choke point. Launchers + repulsors can hold massive densities off if given a choke point.

Loren Pechtel

Cronnix is down.

Crisalys has a breakthrough of tough drones & creeper at 1:19 that I haven't figured out how to handle.

Lord_Farin

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on January 18, 2012, 02:45:51 PM
Cronnix is down.

Crisalys has a breakthrough of tough drones & creeper at 1:19 that I haven't figured out how to handle.
Spoiler
Try this order: Blue gem, Technytes (20% reduced cost), Green gem, White gem + blasters + repulsors (+ build-up), build-up, victory.
[close]
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

SmileyCoder

Updated:

Please remember to add if there any fun/challenging maps out there.

Marked as done:
AndreBlue (Large/High)
Andyvgr (Large/High)
Andyy (Large/High)
Anita (Large/High)
Anther Cube (Large/High)

Cronnix (Large/High)
CtopherMI (Large/High)
ctuna (Large/High)
ctrlfrk (Large/High)
crusader5673 (Large/High)
Crysen (Large/High)

Mpete (Medium/High)

Gu250 (Small/High) has been added. As a late entry I have placed it in the Small/High category

Could not find map "The customer service rep"

EDIT: Found map RebelInStLouis Small/High to have a bit of a challenge in using a small amount of build space.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

SmileyCoder

Anyone up for taking a look at dallabeneta Large/High?

Not easy. Surface emitter with a field to push it at you, drones and phantoms.
TheSmileyCoder

Loren Pechtel

Crimson King is finally down.  Phantoms and very limited build space, but it's just slogging, not tough.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: SmileyCoder on January 19, 2012, 03:43:03 AM
Could not find map "The customer service rep"

The username is "csr".  For posting I pretended it was an acronym.

lich98

Started some guy by the name of lich98 not finished yet but he`s an easy one.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

SmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoder

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on January 19, 2012, 12:17:57 PM
Crimson King is finally down.  Phantoms and very limited build space, but it's just slogging, not tough.

And the one who isn't king is also down.

CreeperSlayer is slain.  The biggest field I've ever seen.

And CreeperNoob went down with him.  Noob-level challenge.

˙ɥbnoɥʇ 'ɯıɥ ʇob ı  ˙uıɐd ǝɥʇ oʇ ppɐ oʇ sɯoʇuɐɥd puɐ 01:1 ʇɐ ʇno ʞɐǝɹq sǝuoɹp 41 ɥʇbuǝɹʇs  ˙ɥbnoɥʇ 'qoou ou sı sǝɯɐظɹǝdǝǝɹɔ

creeper killer is killed.

And creeper is killed.  A pain due to the very high rate of drone production.

˙ɐǝɹɐ pןınq pǝʇıɯıן ɟo ǝsnɐɔǝq uıɐd ɐ ʇsnظ 'ʎzɐɹɔ ʇ,usɐʍ 97ǝuoʎzɐɹɔ

Jarin

Mine's down. Rather boring level. Only bit that even vaguely requires preparation is the heavy drones.

So... I decided to open things up early to make it a bit more interesting.