Old good map and good map maker

Started by Someone, August 20, 2012, 11:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopa42

Quote from: TrickyDragon on August 22, 2012, 04:17:05 PM
implement the rating system into the map filter when you hit download maps... would be a simple update to game 2 and would allow the new players to get to the "good stuff"

Shameless plug for my site, which lets you sort and filter maps by rating (among other things): http://aguakandra.com/mapdata.php
(forum thread)

Cavemaniac

Quote from: J on August 22, 2012, 04:55:11 PM
implement the rating system into the map filter when you hit download maps... would be a simple update to game 2 and would allow the new players to get to the "good stuff" 
Don't remember much good stuff is overloaded with negative votes due their difficulty?
It IS a good filter for newbies without skill though.

Yarp - this is a problem I'm already facing in a couple of different places.

Amazon recommends books/CDs/DVDs it thinks I'd like, based on my previous purchases, and those of people like me.

My iPod plays my favourite music tracks, based on the number of times I've played them - which means that my favourite music is the music my iPod plays the most.

The problem is that you tend to end up more as you are than you were!

Y'know what's good?

Random!

I love finding totally random stuff - that's why I've started Geocaching.

Who wouldn't get excited about finding a mint tin, attached with a magnet under a seat in a public place, with a logbook that shows I'm the first to visit in six weeks?!

Ahem.

Off topic?
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Someone

well we just hope that cw 2 wont be abandon when cw 3 come out

TrickyDragon

oooh is geocatching were you try to find a location based on a list of hints?    and cw2 wont be abandoned after cw3 comes out....   you cant beat 600m pressure ^^
This is Life,  Life happens.

thepenguin

Quote from: mopa42 on August 22, 2012, 06:47:18 PM

Shameless plug for my site, which lets you sort and filter maps by rating (among other things): http://aguakandra.com/mapdata.php
(forum thread)

mopa, why do I get the feeling that you hacked apart the cw2 xml as well?
We have become the creeper...

Someone

Quote from: TrickyDragon on August 23, 2012, 08:04:38 AM
oooh is geocatching were you try to find a location based on a list of hints?    and cw2 wont be abandoned after cw3 comes out....   you cant beat 600m pressure ^^
huh???

Ebon Heart

Quote from: CobraKill on August 22, 2012, 10:04:24 AM
I will tell you, Peter Power is gone. He's been gone for awhile. I'll check into ATF:3 for you though.
Yes, PeterPower dropped off the face of the earth. Hasn't checked his email or anything, either. I'm still around though, rarely, but I'm around. ATF3 should be done at some point, I'm about ready to post a sneak peak on the main page for it, in fact. Stay tuned for that.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Shimizu

I'd love the ability to sort by rating.
Also, I miss those people too, but some of the new people who have come along are quite good.
Meow?

CyberDyneSystems

Quote from: Michionlion on August 21, 2012, 03:16:45 PM
....  I miss old UpperKEES...

Oh yeah, one of the best from the early days indeed.

Kingo

Guess the haze of age is coming to CW2 at last...
CW1 IS STILL DA BEST!
hehe...