Custom Map #7787: CSM-151 (777). By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, October 14, 2019, 03:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7787: CSM-151 (777)

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Contains 777 inside cw3 map's number. CSM game but without Towers and micro-chips, without Regallion's Bomb Factory with chips, Upgrader Unit and many other units. Classic CSM but without anti-creeper emitter and with start via SporeBuster. As usual not need to use Singularity weapon. More information about my new maps, video in YouTube, ideas and plans you can find on my yum2341 account in Twitter. Enjoy, please, and Good lu! #BravoCornucanis #BravoRegallion #BravoKajacx @yum2341

yum-forum

CLASSIC CSM game but without anti-creeper emitter at the start.
"LIGHTER" to start the game here is SporeBuster (after 1 upgrade).
Main features from Regallion in this map:
1. SporeBuster
2. Absorber units
- just absorb anti-creeper and convert to Power Zone or PZ
- pulsar setting (absorb and release creeper or anti-creeper)
- absorber with green color AURA ZONE where depends on absorbed creeper or anti-creeper you will have friendly or non-friendly zone in terms of health of unit and energy/ammo supplying. 

All info about new video in YouTube, about my new maps, new ideas and plans you can find in my yum2341 account in Twitter. For instance, what about CSM where some SmartStargate will be activated by energy/ammo?  ;)

Good lu!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

toolforger

Start was slightly interesting, though it is a bit too hard to predict what that spore tower will do - makes for some wins "that I didn't do anything for".
Afterwards, it mostly played itself, which was a bit boring.

teknotiss

so for me the spore tower just shoots at the emitter directly above to no effect really.

i guess if restart and build a forge (which i will later have to destroy) and save up 100 aether i could maybe time it so the spore hits and flips the emitter but i am not sure that was your plan yum was it?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

yum-forum

Quote from: toolforger on October 14, 2019, 02:59:34 PM
Start was slightly interesting, though it is a bit too hard to predict what that spore tower will do - makes for some wins "that I didn't do anything for".

Yah. SporeBuster mainly as starting "lighter". Map was experimental.
Sorry, please.
last

teknotiss

Quote from: yum-forum on October 14, 2019, 03:16:55 PM

Yah. SporeTower mainly as starting "lighter". Map was experimental.
Sorry, please.

can you explain what the spore tower should do please?

for me in both tries i ran the map for 5 mins or so and the spore tower just shot pointlessly at the 7 strength emmiter to the north (above) it and had no real effect!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

yum-forum

Quote from: teknotiss on October 14, 2019, 03:20:36 PM
Quote from: yum-forum on October 14, 2019, 03:16:55 PM

Yah. SporeTower mainly as starting "lighter". Map was experimental.
Sorry, please.

can you explain what the spore tower should do please?

for me in both tries i ran the map for 5 mins or so and the spore tower just shot pointlessly at the 7 strength emmiter to the north (above) it and had no real effect!

SporeBuster (sorry, please, it was mistype before)  can produce anti-creeper spores. If you connect additional chip for SporeBuster to CN or via Guppy and supply it by energy/ammo SporeBuster became more powerful (more anti-creeper in one shot and more shots, you can read info under/on mouse).
In game SporeBuster mainly is a "lighter":  after connection to first chip can flip neighbour creeper emitter into starting anti-creeper emitter.
Good lu, sir!  :)
last

teknotiss

Quote from: yum-forum on October 14, 2019, 03:37:18 PM
SporeBuster (sorry, please, it was mistype before)  can produce anti-creeper spores. If you connect additional chip for SporeBuster to CN or via Guppy and supply it by energy/ammo SporeBuster became more powerful (more anti-creeper in one shot and more shots, you can read info under/on mouse).
In game SporeBuster mainly is a "lighter":  after connection to first chip can flip neighbour creeper emitter into starting anti-creeper emitter.

yeah i don't actually get to the point of connecting anything, there is no room to expand and no way to flip any of the emitters as far as i can see...

i am usually ok at these modes, but with this one i cant see how to flip an emitter to get started!

what am i missing?  something obvious i guess? :o

yum-forum

Quote from: teknotiss on October 14, 2019, 05:21:04 PM
Quote from: yum-forum on October 14, 2019, 03:37:18 PM

yeah i don't actually get to the point of connecting anything, there is no room to expand and no way to flip any of the emitters as far as i can see...

i am usually ok at these modes, but with this one i cant see how to flip an emitter to get started!

what am i missing?  something obvious i guess? :o

Maybe this screenshots will help?
last

teknotiss

cheers yum i will be able to get going from there.

that unit being red is not a good indicator that it is linkable to the power net, and i hadn't put a collector in range of it!  8)

chwooly

It was an interesting start, I don't particularly like the sporebusters because the drain on energy that is required to power them is way out of proportion to benefit. If there was a way to turn them off or even direct the spores I would find it more useful, So after I get the first emmiter, I avoid using them in any of the maps that have them.

Still not a bad map. ..Thanks
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

yum-forum

last

Twi

Fast and fun, by the local standards. The spores were certainly a different way of doing things, and I feel they were interesting and fun, but as chwooly and toolforger said, not being able to direct them takes away some of the puzzling element...
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

yum-forum

My demand to dkwkrp converted into video:

Very glad!  :)

https://twitter.com/yum2341/status/1184943650981273601?s=20
last

yum-forum

last