History Tournament - Assassinations

Started by RandyTravis, September 03, 2010, 01:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyTravis

Hey, UPPERkees, since you kinda piggybacked the idea and ran with it, do you want to finish the tally for stuff tonight, or should I go ahead and do it? I'm fine with either, but you definitely have done more with organization (charts, tables, etc) and I have a forum post.

UpperKEES

I don't mind doing it, especially because most players already have calculated their own totals. It remains your idea however and you are also very welcome to contribute theme for future tournaments (I really liked this one!).

I don't have the impression more scores will be posted, so I'll start doing it right now and adjust the scoreboard when more scores get submitted before midnight forum time.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

UpperKEES

History - Assassinations Tournament Results

RankPlayerTotal Score

1.UpperKEES48198
2.Sqaz48098
3.Fisherck48033
4.Katra46849
5.Karsten7545340
6.RandyTravis44414
7.IcEcAt44088
8.L'ythelle40543
9.ontheworld40267
10.Richie Rich19266*
11.Kenetic18330*
12.snowmaker (JM)09070*

* Did not finish all maps.

Next weeks theme will be: deadliest volcanic eruptions.

Fisherck

Yay, 3rd place! I think the tournament idea has some merit. A lot of people participated in this one, and more tournaments should bring more people. :) I love competition. ;D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

IcEcAt

this was most def fun to play. how long till the next tourney? i am aiming for at least 6th place next time!

UpperKEES

Three and a half more hours until this tournament officially closes. The winner will determine the theme for the next tournament and will post this theme plus the maps to be played before Monday evening at midnight (but probably earlier). So you can start playing tomorrow! :)

Edit: winner has published the new theme here.

UpperKEES

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 12, 2010, 07:21:17 AM
I'll post how I did it (with screeny) after the official closing time, although I also couldn't make the 9500 points for this one.

So here it is:

I did (almost) the same as Sqaz did: I used 5 blasters, but I built them a lot later, except for the one that I used to clear the tiny island to the right of Odin City. First I moved OC there. Then I built my collectors back to the second upgrade and the rest of the main land. I start building my first blaster when the creeper starts covering that island. When the blaster is done I move it to the spot indicated on the screeny. Only let it fire until the island is clear, so you can build a collector and a relay. Just let the blaster fire a few shots when needed. When all collectors are finished build a storage unit (important!) and 4 more blasters. The blasters will be done before the second relay (on the high elevation close to the emitters) is done, but you can already send them to their spots. They will cap the emitter instantly. Move 1 blaster up (as indicated) and build 2 collectors (one to the bottom totem and one to the north). When the bottom collector is halfway done move OC there and then up. In the meanwhile build a collector from the top blaster so it finishes just in time when OC arrives. Land it in the creeper and let it charge the last totem.

Sqaz

So many energy you collected, I only build half the amount of collectors and still get enough energy but a way lower score, but a way lower score unfortunatly  :'(.

UpperKEES

I collect about 6 energy per second. I have to wait for the relays to get built anyway, so why not collect more energy? It allows me to create all other units at once and keep building & charging totems while fighting.

thepenguin

did anybody notice buildings alive in creeper?
We have become the creeper...

UpperKEES

Quote from: thepenguin on September 13, 2010, 05:51:36 PM

Damn! You caught me! I knew some day posting screenies would give away my 'invincible mode'.... Well guys, this is how I've been setting my fast times.... ;)

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 13, 2010, 06:42:02 PM
Quote from: thepenguin on September 13, 2010, 05:51:36 PM

Damn! You caught me! I knew some day posting screenies would give away my 'invincible mode'.... Well guys, this is how I've been setting my fast times.... ;)

What?? 

Edit: Nvm.

UpperKEES