How hard are you ?

Started by xing, June 19, 2011, 02:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xing

OK time for some shameless self promoting :D

What I want to find out here is is you put your 'name' into the code maps how hard is the result ? - who is the hardest ? - is anyone imposable to beat ? anyone a push over or a instant win ?

I'm not that hard but I think I hold my own ..

Xing Large / High

looking forward to seeing what you all are like :D

Mare

Mare Large/High

I am a pushover, for the sake of myself, please do not attempt this map, as I am ashamed of how easy it is.
Infinite time, no titan emitters, no surface emitters, drones are 8 health maximum....

And here I thought it would be a badass map with like an 8000000 emitter combined with like 40 750-health drone spam and the strongest emitter is right next to your ship at the start of the map....with infinite phantoms.

Oh why is the world so cruel.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

xing

I've been trying some of the more infamous names here - the toughest I've found so far

UpperKEES Large/High - I'm not calling it imposable just yet .. But the main cavern had me on stalemate for over 1hr until I just gave up

Kithros

Partially off topic - but when pushing toward titan emitters, the trick is to keep 3-4 launchers just in range of hitting the closest creeper  to help keep it from overflowing, a few blasters, and *lots* of repulsors. With any extra energy  after the creeper isn't overflowing, keep building more launchers (this time aiming farther in, not to keep the creeper from overflowing). Save up all your ore and charge up makers while you're doing this - you'll want to use them when you go for the nullify, and obviously keep upgrading stuff with tech domes (reactor efficiency is probably the most important upgrade in these instances)

Anyway, my map is really easy, there's nothing at all threatening on it with lots of gems available right at the surface. Took me 8:29 to beat on large/high on my first attempt.

UpperKEES

Quote from: xing on June 19, 2011, 04:34:16 AM
I've been trying some of the more infamous names here - the toughest I've found so far

UpperKEES Large/High - I'm not calling it imposable just yet .. But the main cavern had me on stalemate for over 1hr until I just gave up

Good to see the code map corresponding to my name features a titan without experimentals! :) Too bad it doesn't have a surface emitter....

And Kithros is right: repulsors are the key in building your nullifier close enough to a titan emitter. First I didn't use enough of them and also hadn't saved some crystal energy (which would have allowed me to use more than 60 energy per second), because I played it laid back, but it was still possible to beat it fairly easy, albeit rather slow.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Mare

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 19, 2011, 06:19:37 PM
Quote from: xing on June 19, 2011, 04:34:16 AM

Good to see the code map corresponding to my name features a titan without experimentals! :) Too bad it doesn't have a surface emitter....

And Kithros is right: repulsors are the key in building your nullifier close enough to a titan emitter. First I didn't use enough of them and also hadn't saved some crystal energy (which would have allowed me to use more than 60 energy per second), because I played it laid back, but it was still possible to beat it fairly easy, albeit rather slow.

I BEAT YOU!!! (The map I mean.)

Anyways, I didn't use Anti-creeper and never once used repulsars, just did it the simplest way and took out every small chamber first then built a ton of blasters and launchers and blitzkrieged the middle chamber.

It wasn't actually difficult, just time consuming.

BTW, That map was the first fight I had with a titan emitter, and it was fun!
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

MadMurphy

MadMurphy Any setting on this one should be easy.  I only played Large / high though.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Mare on June 19, 2011, 07:05:47 PM
I BEAT YOU!!! (The map I mean.)

Congrats! ;)

It wasn't actually difficult, just time consuming.

Yep, although it also depends if you're fooling a round a bit, like waiting for all upgrades or filling the entire map with reactors. I generated about 75 energy, but was only able to use 60, because I forgot I had already spent my crystals. :-\ I bet this map can be done in less than 20 minutes with some planning and multitasking.

BTW, That map was the first fight I had with a titan emitter, and it was fun!

Yeah, love 'em too! :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Ranakastrasz

Ranakastrasz Large/High - Up-left Gravity of 4.89, Can only build Buildings down, And Naturally, Drones immediately.
Well, I Managed to get a start, Moving the assult ship around, managed to lose 50% of it's health via drones, and got the white crystal, a reactor, blaster, and a few shields up.

ontheworld

I was depressing... 50 unupgraded energy without a single encounter.. and 3 emitters in separate rooms...

and 5.8 right down grav

TonyP2000

TonyP2000 Large/High

I am rather impressed with my difficulty. 4 pretty strong emitters, drones, and fields that slop the creeper all over the map and eventually up to your LS.

Though, I am embarrassed to admit, I cannot beat myself yet...   :-[
Vote Tony!

Mare

Quote from: Ranakastrasz on June 20, 2011, 02:32:38 PM
Ranakastrasz Large/High - Up-left Gravity of 4.89, Can only build Buildings down, And Naturally, Drones immediately.
Well, I Managed to get a start, Moving the assult ship around, managed to lose 50% of it's health via drones, and got the white crystal, a reactor, blaster, and a few shields up.

The beginning was difficult, but distract them with drones and it should be an easy map. Loved it!!

Cotters

Cotters large/high
Took me forever! had 9 emitters... i beat it though... i got stuck and had to build up tech, then cannibalize the space to move forward.. i'd say it was hard.. maybe something like medium for an expert.
regret not using the repulsers.. 

Discordmerch

Discordmerch - Large/High  Not too hard, just annoying as I hadn't played with the gravity going upper left and also the build controls were reversed.  Finished it in 40 min only because I wanted to mine every bit of ore and use every bit of AC possible.

Ed
Discordmerch.com

burguertime

burguertime large/hard - experimentals, topsy turvy, 97M emitter. tons of phantoms and drones.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.