Author info for custom maps

Started by Karsten75, December 30, 2009, 10:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

On the Play Custom Maps screen, it would be nice if in addition to the map name there could be another one or two fields, one for the author of the map and maybe a Group or Campaign name so that one can at least see, if not sort, downloaded maps by some criteria. Right now I can't tell if I've played all the maps Virgil made. I can, but I'd have to toggle back to the CW homepage to do it.

Dranar

It would be good if on the custom map screen, It would have an in-game online system in the custom map screen. Instead of uploading them onto the knucklecracker site, you just add them there, and you can click on other maps that have been uploaded and play them, instead of having to download the map.
The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors

Aurzel

there is a sort by author currently

and @Dranar it's not like the maps take a long time to download lol

Dranar

Heh, about 1 second   ;)

But still, having to find the map and loa.... wait, you don't have to load it every time? Thats better  :D
The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors

Kamron3

True, it'd be nice to have an in-game uploader and a Map listing, so you don't have to directly visit the site, however, Virgil needs the web views at the moment, so not a great idea right now.

In the long run, this would make a great addition!

_k

knucracker

I agree....
I'd like to have an in-game browser that has a click/confirm/install game.  This will prevent having to hit the web site, download the map, then load the map into the game.

Honestly, I didn't expect this many maps.  I figured CW would float around on the edge of the ether for about another year with the occasional map coming in.  I thought that I might be lucky if it hit 100 maps a year form now.  Now we're sitting at over 120 already so I'm scrambling to make the system and the organization better.