Unit information

Started by Karsten75, December 30, 2009, 08:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

If one hovers one's cursor over a unit in the build list, the cost of the unit is displayed at the bottom. I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so that if a unit is selected for build it could show the information for that unit even if the cursor is not over the unit button?

Also, just today I noticed a very nice feature. If you hover over the unit button, it shows a small number on the button to tell you how many of each unit you already have. Cool.

djcian

Quote from: Karsten75 on December 30, 2009, 08:29:51 PM
Also, just today I noticed a very nice feature. If you hover over the unit button, it shows a small number on the button to tell you how many of each unit you already have. Cool.

i did not know that.  cool. also is it really necessary to see the information while you have it selected to build.  isn't mouse hovering enough?
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Karsten75

Quote from: djcian on December 30, 2009, 08:54:28 PM
also is it really necessary to see the information while you have it selected to build.  isn't mouse hovering enough?
Well, I have to move my mouse back to the unit button which is extra movement when the information could already be there.

djcian

two seconds to move your mouse for relatively unnecessary info(after playing the game for a while)  is not that bad and is not worth the time to fix it, even if it would take five minutes. 
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

knucracker

The number on the unit button is actually the keyboard shortcut to select the unit.  1-9  basically (0 for thor).  Other buttons will have letters showing their shortcut.

Dranar

Yeh, I was just about to say that. Also, what's the shortcut for disabling a turret? It says O or D or something, I pressed them but it doesnt work.
The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors

Kamron3

Disable is:

Q.

Disarm is:

A.

_k

Aurzel

what kamron said, and yeah it's a little hard to read

Dranar

The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors

Kamron3

A suggestion to change the fonts to make everything to see, anyone?

So far I have seen people read Starvation as:

Sortation
Saturation
Satoration.

Hotkeys as:

Q -> O, D
A -> D, R

_k

knucracker

I have updated the color and glow around the Q,A and X.  The are more readable now and will be in the next drop.  The "V" in "starvation" I can't make look any better because that is what it looks like in the 8 pixel font I'm using.