Relay connection distance

Started by Karsten75, December 30, 2009, 08:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

I'm not sure if this is intended, but I find it hard to figure out the best position to place a relay if I want to build a string of relays. Often I have to place one relay and then attempt placement of the next to see if the two are within connection distance. I think it would be really useful if the Relay could project a "shadow" to show how far it would reach when placed in a certain position.

Aurzel

a way that could help is if you play virgil's map or any other map which doesnt use collector's and only relays for building your network, once you've used them a lot you start to get an idea for the distance

Kamron3

Mrmcdeath

If I want to build a relay I first pause the game. Then I put the relay down where I want to connect to. Then I see how far it will be before I can connect another one. If I can't connect with the first relay then I just delete it. No energy gone.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

thomaswarner

Quote from: Mrmcdeath on December 31, 2009, 11:14:32 AM
If I want to build a relay I first pause the game. Then I put the relay down where I want to connect to. Then I see how far it will be before I can connect another one. If I can't connect with the first relay then I just delete it. No energy gone.
Good idea, but it would be nice to see the distance.