Creeper World on Kongregate

Started by impshum, December 30, 2009, 12:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impshum

Hi. I found out about creeper world on kongregate and I think it's an amazing piece of work. I downloaded the demo and it didn't work. I am running my machine on ubuntu 9.10. I know others have experienced similar problems and it has been addressed but as the "demo" stands at the top of the monthly contest on kongregate, and is obviously going to come 1st or 2nd for december, I'd like to suggest a linux version so I can actually play the game. $1500/$1000 is alot of cash. Do the linux gamers a favor so we don't have to bang around with wine and complications please.

Muchos Kudos...

S.x
If it wasn't for those damn whelks

Aurzel

welcome aboard, and if you check elsewhere there's already a topic on getting cw to work on linux here, maybe this'll help
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=32.0

impshum

I've read this yeah. Tried all and failed.

S.x

DanTheGoodMan

I got mine installed without wine, and wine would probably just slow it down.

Did you extract the .air file from the .exe? It's basically a glorified zip file, so just rename it with a zip extention and it should open up in file-roller. From there take out the .air file and if you have AIR installed (sudo apt-get install adobeair) then double clicking the file will hopefully work.

From there, it's hit or miss based upon your machine as to whether it will work or not. For speed, I recommend you operate at normal screen size and zoom in using the Enhanced Desktop Zoom feature from Compiz. You can research that yourself if you don't know about that.

If you followed that like you said you did, then I'm sorry. I guess I kinda wrote it out more verbosely for those who need help later.

impshum

Eventually got the demo installed successfully (using wine) but it doesn't run. I give up.