Custom Map #1251: A Tragedy Forgotten Part 2

Started by AutoPost, July 03, 2012, 11:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1251: A Tragedy Forgotten Part 2

Author: Ebon Heart and PeterPower

Desc:
The second installment of my series. Sorry it took so long guys, the third one should be coming shortly. Warning: the map laggs a bit at the end, but it's well worth it. And make sure you read the text, it's a cool story, and there are a lot of helpful hints there. The map will be easier if you don't have to feel your way around in the dark. (it's a joke, you'll see why)

Ebon Heart

After a few minor setbacks, the time has arrived. The second map in the, "A Tragedy Forgotten" series. If you haven't played it already, try Part 1 before playing this map. This map is a bit more difficult than the first, so just tread lightly. Don't let the vines intimidate you at the start, build lots of shields, save frequently, you'll do fine. Make sure to read, there's some helpful tips that can keep the map from biting you in the butt. Knowledge is power, and know that at 10 minutes, things get crazy. Save before then, if you figure out what's coming and figure out how to prepare it, it's pretty easy. Remember to use your anti creeper. For full enjoyment, mute the game and play this suggested soundtrack.

PeterPower did the tile design, and designed the temple up top. He also made the epic dragon at the bottom. I did the field work and everything else. PeterPower kind of left halfway through this map, and I don't know where he is right now.  :'( But at least he's done a lot of stuff on the other maps. He did most of the design for Part 3 already, and Part 4 is layed out already, as is part 5. (with some epic creeper art already) :D So I think I can still make this work. The next map should not take quite so long. have fun everyone!
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

mpete

awesome map! very happy that it is finally out  :)
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

Ebon Heart

If you guys have questions about this map, ask away! I can almos guarantee you are not the only one with that question, and if I know what advice to give, it can help everyone. The map is difficult, I'll give you that. And more two times as many thumbs down as scores makes me uneasy. :P would anyone be willing to do a video of this map? I'd like to, but I don't do videos. I fail at them.

Helper

The surprise Creeper from nowhere is always a little disheartening.
I have good 'saves' I can go back to and build all the additional Shields, but will have to decide if I want to.

It was a very fun game up until that point. Clever start and fun working through the 'riddle' of the impossible by-pass.

I'm not doing one of your "rage quits" (love that phrase), but will take a break.

Ebon Heart

Ahh, I made sure to not do any teleporting creeper, but at 10 minutes stuff starts flying around. That's why I kept stressing, build shields everywhere! And beware the plant, but I figured people would be able to get that part easily enough. :P the only teleporting creeper appears when you should already be in the boss pit and prepared. I wonder if I stressed that enough. Lol. Everything up top is supposed to be destroyed, you have to build a system that can support you in the arena at the bottom before grabbing the beacon tech.

ea3401

Ebon Heart

Quote from: ea3401 on July 04, 2012, 03:22:28 PM
wow ... It's a great map !!!
Holy crap! How did you finish the map so quickly?!

ea3401

Quote from: Ebon Heart on July 04, 2012, 03:36:49 PM
You are right. This map should be played slowly for highest pleasure and maximum enjoyment. ;D

Ebon Heart

Quote from: ea3401 on July 04, 2012, 04:18:41 PM
You are right. This map should be played slowly for highest pleasure and maximum enjoyment. ;D
I still want to know how you managed to beat it so quickly. :O

ea3401

Quote from: Ebon Heart on July 04, 2012, 04:32:12 PM
Quote from: ea3401 on July 04, 2012, 04:18:41 PM
I still want to know how you managed to beat it so quickly. :O
just one little hint:
Spoiler

it's possible to move the LS straight through the green snake to pick up the last holocube without killing much creeper or gateways.
[close]

Ebon Heart

.......... *FACEPALM!!!* Why did I not think of that?! Dangit, as soon as you said that I realized how obvious it was.

TrickyDragon

the epic final battle!  good one bro,   i wanna help with your next adventure ^^
This is Life,  Life happens.

Ebon Heart

Perfect, you have no idea how badly I need someone to bounce ideas off of for ATF3. I've been Inc at random people on chat. :P and you realize launchers help a lot with that boss battle, right? (PS. Terrania will likely be the third most difficult battle in this series)

Spatchcock