Main Menu

Games on Gog?

Started by MysticTurtler, March 31, 2018, 05:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MysticTurtler

I would like to know if you guys would ever consider releasing your games on Gog. With its much smaller catalog, the chances of new people seeing your games are much higher then they would be on Steam alone, (especially in Steam's current state) and I think you deserve all the attention you can get.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

knucracker

Maybe so.  I've considered it before.  If so, it would be around the release of CW4 I imagine. 

SunBlade

That would be awesome!
Live your life, you got only one.

GoodMorning

It may or may not be significant that that reply was on the first of April. I, of course, cannot say unless it happens.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

corko

I came here just to ask this. I'd like to buy Particle Fleet, and Fastspring isn't... bad. But they don't allow you to redownload a game if you lose it or whatever. GOG or Humble Bundle or itch.io would all be preferable.

itch.io takes the smallest cut from devs. I believe GOG takes 30%, which is pretty steep, but itch.io offers basically zero discoverability.

Karsten75

Quote from: corko on January 12, 2019, 07:04:03 AM
I came here just to ask this. I'd like to buy Particle Fleet, and Fastspring isn't... bad. But they don't allow you to redownload a game if you lose it or whatever. GOG or Humble Bundle or itch.io would all be preferable.

itch.io takes the smallest cut from devs. I believe GOG takes 30%, which is pretty steep, but itch.io offers basically zero discoverability.

If you lose the game you can redownload from the Knucklecracker site.

corko

Okay, good enough for me.

Edit: Oh holy [redacted], no it's not good enough! It requires activation?!? Mother[redacted]. If I was willing to put up with that [redacted] I'd just use steam.

God damn, I feel like such a sucker.

Karsten75

Whatever. The game gives you a key. You type in the key, the game is activated. It doesn't call home, doesn't require connection to the Internet.Without it, anyone can download the game and play it without paying. It's merely a rudimentary form of protection.

But yea, whatever man.