Tutorial requests

Started by TrickyDragon, October 04, 2013, 03:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrickyDragon

Hello all!  I hope You have as much fun playing CW3 as I have had helping to developing it.  Should You however come across a wall, place your questions and requests here and I and other members of the community will do our best to help guide you!   I will post updated video links on the top post for easy access.  Have fun and happy hunting everyone!
-Tricky-
This is Life,  Life happens.

Neko187

Same. I'll be willing to help as much as I can... I'll usually answer a question within say 12 hours, but if I need to go into detail, take screenshots, etc, it'll probably be a bit more.
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

J

Farbor:
Mistet:

Cleavedge

I am obviously doing something very wrong or missing something very obvious on Ruine in the Egos system...  any advice?  I barely survive the first wave of spores and the second always lands at leave 1....  then it's all downhill from there.  lol

Edit - Okay, I got it.  Didn't think I found fit both Commands on the island...  found a place for both and the extra energy from the second made a huge difference.  lol

TrickyDragon

Pay very close attention to your starting game,  don't go into the red.  build as much as you can as fast as you can without going into the red, then bring up beams before the spores launch(make sure you have plenty.  Ill have to check the map to give you more advice, but this should help :)

Cavemaniac

Quote from: TrickyDragon on October 04, 2013, 09:07:21 PM
Pay very close attention to your starting game,  don't go into the red.  build as much as you can as fast as you can without going into the red, then bring up beams before the spores launch(make sure you have plenty.  Ill have to check the map to give you more advice, but this should help :)

What he said - but as a good rule of thumb, especially as you're learning, double up on the Beams.

Seriously, either put two of them side by side, or have them spaced half as far apart as you think you need.

Remember, a Beam can knock out two spores with the ammo it has stored.

If there's more than two spores, you're relying on resupply and you may not have that much time.

Putting a Guppy right next to the Beam can help (in general, not specific to this map).

You'll suss it.

And pause. Pause, pause, pause.

And save a lot! Save, save, save!!

Just remember to eat and drink, and keep an eye on the clock - you'll most likely need to sleep/got to work/school at some time...

;)
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

TrickyDragon

Given i have the time (and others)  we may stream a reply for you.  I am about to start a live stream :)

4xC

I won't say much, but the rock with the artifacts (message and guppy tech) is not the only one you can extend your network.

Hint: you only need about 5-6 beams total if you follow along and do what I imply you should try.
C,C,C,C

Valley

I hate timed events, and need help woth Farbor. Any tips?

I ended up fighting on two fronts, but still am not even close.

Valley

Quote from: Valley on October 05, 2013, 03:22:45 AM
I hate timed events, and need help woth Farbor. Any tips?

I ended up fighting on two fronts, but still am not even close.

Nevermind. Finished at 99%... Cut that one a little close.. Nail biter!!

knucracker

Did you finish in phase 1 (before the launch), or in phase 2 (after the launch)?

Valley

Quote from: virgilw on October 05, 2013, 09:33:05 AM
Did you finish in phase 1 (before the launch), or in phase 2 (after the launch)?

Phase 2.. A couple of times it hit 100% and that was the end of that.. Is it possible to beat it before the launch.. I'd love to see how that's done... That map was a challenge..

knucracker

The key to winning in phase one is learning how to ignore things.  You have a singular goal to win in phase 1 and nothing must slow you down.

Valley

Quote from: virgilw on October 05, 2013, 08:25:40 PM
The key to winning in phase one is learning how to ignore things.  You have a singular goal to win in phase 1 and nothing must slow you down.

I have an odd feeling that if you do win in Phase 1.. Someone else besides winning the mission might happen...

Nephthys

Quote from: Cavemaniac on October 04, 2013, 09:18:23 PM
Putting a Guppy right next to the Beam can help (in general, not specific to this map).

Um... Guppy? I'm guessing this is a nickname for a weapon (or maybe not) but I don't know which one. Cannons?

I've seen the term used in a couple other comments & hopefully I'm not the only one who isn't sure what it means. I'm not afraid to ask stupid questions. They are the easiest ones to answer.  :)