[PF][Template] Ship Augmentor Template

Started by FOXX, October 01, 2018, 08:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOXX

Here it is -> The 1st real Mod for Particle Fleet Emergence
The Ship Augmentor Mod.

And i have the honours to release the Template but the credits go to Kajacx as all of the Scripts are made by him.

There are 2 Templates in fact -> 1 from Kajacx which is the 'clean' Version and 1 Template from me with a lot of things added.

- Kajacx Template:

[close]

In the Template there is a Readme on PRPLCores.
Also, ALL Scripts have info in them on what they do and how to use them.
So, for starting out this may be the best option since it only contains the scripts needed for this System.

- Here is the Info for my Template and how to make a Map with this System.
This Template has all the Custom Modules added used in the Ship Alooone Series.
Also contains all of the Images needed for Parts Pickups and those Modules.

[close]

PARTS DEFINITION

This is all about your Ships and Parts.

Each Module has a Letter or Number (Case Sensitive / List = Line 161 to 196) you can choose to start with or have to Unlock.
All Modules you want to Start with go in Line 58 ($StartingParts)
All Modules you want to Unlock go in Line 59 ($UnlockableParts)
Leave out the Modules you don't want in your Map. (24 ShipPart Slots and remember about how many Ships are in the Map)
you can use any character for the custom modules, except 'C', 'X', 'O' and 'U' which are reserved. (In the PartsDefenition.prpl from FOXX scripts there are already a lot used)

Then you enter your number of Ships to start with (StartingShips Line 63) and how many Ships are in the map. ($MaxShips Line 62)
Your first Ship has ID 0 and your 4th Ship has ID 3. Maximum of 4 Ships are Supported.

To change the ships you need to set the width and height for a ship and fill in the spots.You fill these in with the Module letters and numbers.
Here you also decide on wich side(s) the ship can expand. (U = Unused)
Each ship must have a CM (Letter = C)
If you use Ship Pickups the name of the Ship should be Add + the ID of the Ship. (Add0 - Add1 etc)

After you made your starting ships it is important to open the ShipAugmentor.prpl script and change '$ResetOnRecompile:1' on line 3 to 0.
That way whenever you recompile in the editor this won't be updated any more.
More important -> after a save/finalize this script Destroys your Prebuild Ships so setting this value to 0 after you are done with your starting ships is a must so you don't forget about it before saving or finalizing a map.

This is the only change you have to make to the ShipAugmentor.prpl script.

SHIP UPGRADES

Here you set all the values for the Upgrade System.
Your Starting Scrap ($StartScrap - Line 10)
Your Start Level ($StartLevel - Line 11)
Exp from destroyed Enemy Ships ($ShipExp - Line 7)
Chance for Scrap when destroying Enemy ships ($ShipScrapChance - Line 8)
The Range that Particles count for Exp ($ExpRange - Line 6)
How many Particles for Next (1st) Level (... ->nextLevelExp - Line 24)
How many Extra Particles for each next Level (<-nextLevelExp ... add ->nextLevelExp - Line 147)

SHIP SCRAP (4-6-8)

Place these in the map for collecting Scrap to pay for the Upgrade Parts. (C = Copy)

PART PICKUP

All the current parts are in the Template for using. They are all set to be Unlocked after Pickup. If you want them Locked then change $Locked on line 4 from 0 to 1.
If you don't want to use Part Pickups in your map just delete the Cores.
(made this way so the Mapmaker doesn't have to make the Part Pickups)

UNIT REWARD

This is an Addon to set Exp gained from Enemy Units. (works with every unit exept a PRPLCore.
Set your $ExpGained and $ScrapChance and put the Core under the Enemy Unit.

CM DISPLAY

Another Addon, this is for showing Custom Modules on your Ship(s).
For this Template it is not nessesairy but you can use this for Maps which have Custom Module Ships in them.
You need to 'Register' each ship from line 45 (between the Endif and endonce)

HOW TO USE THE TEMPLATE

- Download the Template you want and rename it to save.pf1
- Make a new Map in the PF Editor folder (C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\particlefleet\editor) and name the folder after the Map title you want.
- Put the save.pf1 file into that folder.
- Now the Template should be in your Editor Map list.
- From here you can create your map.

With the Map Resize Mod by Kuberoot -> HERE you can easily resize the map to you size you want.

HOW TO PUT THE SYSTEM IN A MAP YOU ALREADY CREATED

- Download the Scripts and Images (the files are in rar they can be opened with the program WinRar)
- Open your map in the PF Editor folder (C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\particlefleet\editor) and add the Downloaded scripts to the scripts folder.
- Add all the images you need for the options you want to add to your map.
  the most extra images come from Custom Modules you want to add and Parts Pickups if you choose to add those.
  All Images are named after the image slot in the editor they should go to.
- Place a PRPLCore on the map and add the ShipAugmentor.prpl and the PartsDefinition.prpl scripts to the core.
- Place 2 more PRPLCores on the map for the CmDisplay.prpl script and the other for the ShipUpgrades.prpl script.
- For adding Scrap -> place a PRPLCore on the map and add the ShipScrap.prpl script for 1 Scrap and make more PRPLCores if you want to add ShipScrapFactory 4, 6 or 8)
  (C=Copy)
- If you want to add PartsPickups to the map place a PRPLCore where you want the Pickup and add the PartPickup.prpl script to the Core and specify which Part this should be by changing the $PickupPart:"K" to the Letter / Number of the Part you want and manualy set the image for this part on the Core. Also specify the $Locked:0 value  if you want the Part to be Locked or Unlocked after pickup. If you want more PartPickups repeat this step for the other parts.
- If you want to add the Unit Reward System place a PRPLCore on the Map and add the UnitReward.prpl script to the core and change the $ExpGained:50 value to the value you want for a certain unit. then place the core under that unit and/or copy to other units.
- Set all the values in the PartsDefinition.prpl and the ShipUpgrades.prpl scripts as explained above.
- System added :)

This is my first Template so things might not be very clear but i'll try to help out where i can.

We hope you guys (and girls) come up with some maps.
Good luck and enjoy.

Greets from Kajacx and FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

FOXX

Video with Info on how to add the System to a New Map.

Ship Augmentor System used in my Ship Alooone Series and in the KSF Maps.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

The Image for the Howitzer Module (main image) was not included.
Here it is.
Sorry for the mishap.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!