Custom Map #218: Invertica-1. By: First

Started by AutoPost, February 11, 2014, 10:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #218: Invertica-1

Author: First
Size: 162x91

Desc:
A failed siege lay in ruins on Invertica-1. There's also something odd about the emitters on this world.

Karsten75

OK, wow, awesome. Thanks. Finally someone that's using CRPL in the way I thought it would make more interesting and fun maps.

Jamz

Nice map.

Only thing that bugs me... it seems that this "trap" that was talked about in the initial dialogue was a bit exaggerated. It was obvious the emitters did act in a different manner but I didn't feel like there was any trap as such. I had a couple thoughts in my mind. One was that maybe they would need to be nullified a few times and each time they would get a little stronger (instead of weaker) until after the nth time they would finally be destroyed. Or I thought maybe they would've spawned extra emitters upon the first being emitted, or maybe even release spores upon destruction. In those ways it could actually be seen as a trap. But instead, although emitters still remained, all that happened was that they got weaker until they started to release AC. Not quite sure what the trap was.

Now in defence of that, Skars did say it "could" be a trap, not that it IS a trap. But even then, if it is mentioned quite a bit in the dialogue you would expect something to make you go "huh... what... uh oh" if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I think I'm just being picky. Regardless, trap or no trap, I enjoyed the map. But because my expectations were hit quite a bit, I've given it a 9 instead of a 10.

Looking forward to more of your maps. :)

TLMike

If you Nullified them beyond their AC production limit (Nullifiers take 50 from the amount they produce, and some emitters start higher than others, etc.) then they produced a large amount of Creeper. I think that's the trap Skars was talking about.

Jamz

Quote from: TLMike on February 12, 2014, 06:37:29 AM
If you Nullified them beyond their AC production limit (Nullifiers take 50 from the amount they produce, and some emitters start higher than others, etc.) then they produced a large amount of Creeper. I think that's the trap Skars was talking about.

Yeah I noticed that but, they were barely a threat... but maybe that was because I happened to leave a few cannons there anyway which I was too lazy to move. Dont know exactly how much creeper came out at those points but I usually noticed they were gone in several seconds.
I'm sure the AC would've been enough anyway to take care of it... I think.  ???

Helper

First

More great feedback, thanks to everyone who commented.

I was thinking about a trap during the design phase, but ran out of time while tweaking things. I'm thinking about some cool ideas for traps using crpl codes in the future.

- First