Custom Map #213: valley. By: Lenori

Started by AutoPost, February 09, 2014, 12:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #213: valley

Author: Lenori
Size: 256x256

Desc:
First time map. Based on an actual geographical area.

Cavemaniac

Oooh!!

Use the hashtag #realworld for maps using actual locations.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Lenori

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind if I do more in the future.

Helper

@Lenori,
Nicely done and a good time while playing.
In future games, you might consider only using the size you need to handle your game concept.
You maxed out the size here and that makes for a whole lot of scrolling during play.
H

Karsten75

I don't usually like very large maps like this one, but I thought you used the distance well. In fact, I thought this was one of the better maps in CS. I may try and play it again.

I wish I could figure out a better way to get rid of the wall around the AC emitter. The small break in the wall is kind of annoying (to me in a very personal sense) and I"d rather the entire wall gets destroyed.... And there goes any hope of a decent score while I try and orchestrate the destruction of that wall... :(

Lenori

Helper,

I do agree that the scrolling does get a little old, I kind wish there was way to set quick points to allow you to quickly jump between different part of a map.

Karsten,

I didn't intend to wall around the AC to be destroyed, just a 'well' of AC to be sucked into ore.  I was concerned that without a good supply of ore, the map would be too hard.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Lenori on February 12, 2014, 10:37:36 PM
I kind wish there was way to set quick points to allow you to quickly jump between different part of a map.
There is!
Add this to a core, it should work:

$key:"U"

<-key GetKeyDown if
  CurrentCoords CellToPixel swap CellToPixel swap SetCameraPosition
endif

planetfall

Quote from: Clean0nion on February 13, 2014, 03:10:25 AM
I kind wish there was way to set quick points to allow you to quickly jump between different part of a map.
There is!
Add this to a core, it should work:

<-key GetKeyDown if
  CurrentCoords CellToPixel swap CellToPixel swap SetCameraPosition
endif

CellToPixel takes two arguments. The actual code would be

<-key GetKeyDown if
  CurrentCoords CellToPixel SetCameraPosition
endif

Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

teknotiss

Helper,

I do agree that the scrolling does get a little old, I kind wish there was way to set quick points to allow you to quickly jump between different part of a map.

Karsten,

I didn't intend to wall around the AC to be destroyed, just a 'well' of AC to be sucked into ore.  I was concerned that without a good supply of ore, the map would be too hard.

nextr time make it big enough for 4 sprayers or more! this unlimited supply is not a huge amount of use since it's restricted by the sprayers ability to send the AC, with 4/6 sprayers i could have actually used it in the attack, as it was it was just a dribble around one emitter at a time, and i'd have had the same result with just one more ore mine in the base area.
good map, but let down by the teasing amount of AC
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

asmussen

Just for the heck of it, I went back and loaded a save from when I played this map through, and dug a trench to get creeper to the wall around the AC well to destroy it.
Shawn Asmussen