Custom Map #205: Transmissions. By: planetfall

Started by AutoPost, February 07, 2014, 03:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helper

Made my first run at this bad boy and was having so much fun I forgot to save.
Spoiler
And then the missiles came. LOL!
Did I miss a warning sign that they were coming?
[close]
Have to get some work done and will give it another go later.
So far, great fun.

planetfall

Quote from: Helper on February 08, 2014, 12:14:59 PM
Made my first run at this bad boy and was having so much fun I forgot to save.
Spoiler
And then the missiles came. LOL!
Did I miss a warning sign that they were coming?
[close]
Have to get some work done and will give it another go later.
So far, great fun.

Those missiles are all kinds of evil. While testing I lost three bases to them :P At least they have less health in this map... but who knows, in another they might have more!
Spoiler
The forge will say NEXT: <whatever> on it to show what it will do when the aether fills up, either "Emitters," "Spores," "Runners" (not on this map) or "Missiles". But the spore towers should be built before the first missile salvo  -- why didn't you have beams up?
[close]
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

teknotiss

so perhaps reassess your series?
call it the "Fallen Planets Series" or somesuch. and why not start over with a new unit per map and some hashtags with your name and/or the series name? i found it was too much to keep in my head on the first go, so i quit, i'll prob have another go, but it was a bit cluttered feeling with so many new units to learn.
still 10 out of 5 for effort ;)
good work dude, just needs some streamlining i think  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

thepenguin

Quote from: planetfall on February 07, 2014, 08:18:01 PM
Quote from: Clean0nion on February 07, 2014, 08:11:55 PM
Just make it a star system.

A giant cargo ship, its navigation systems damaged by asteroids, spores and enemy fire, blunders into the star system. It crashes into a small planet (which well be the last map in the series) which explodes most of the ship, sending its cargo of constructors and fancy power zone makers tumbling into space. Some landed on various planets, some intelligently grouped together in vain attempts to avoid the impending creeper, but most simply fell into the star. And now that the creeper has found out about all this tech, you can bet there'll be some fighting over it.

So what I'm saying is name it after this star system.

Good idea!
Unfortunately I already have an idea for the backstory of the technology, and it's basically incompatible with this...
Also, these planets can't be a star system. The north message artifact on this map already mentions a "giant creeper wave across many star systems." I can revise mechanics between levels but not lore...

we could probably work out a way to integrate this into an in-game sector (carefully!)
We have become the creeper...