Custom Map #1561: MicroTank attack. By: TrickyCorp

Started by AutoPost, August 10, 2020, 12:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1561: MicroTank attack

Author: TrickyCorp
Size: 480x270

Desc:
After finding an AI that is rumored to be able to copy ship licences, the crew discovers it has a few bugs... Even worse, some extremely durable particulate is encountered. When you can't brute force past the enemy, outsmart them. #Series #Story

TrickyPlayer

For some reason when I use project mode, the blue particles still won't go to the right for long They come back with 2 curves. I didn't even use any PRPL so I don't understand what causes it... Maybe the particles are scared of the big wheel of doom at the far right? Or maybe it's an issue with project mode?
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

FOXX

Quote from: TrickyPlayer on August 12, 2020, 12:57:46 AM
For some reason when I use project mode, the blue particles still won't go to the right for long They come back with 2 curves. I didn't even use any PRPL so I don't understand what causes it... Maybe the particles are scared of the big wheel of doom at the far right? Or maybe it's an issue with project mode?
With these settings in image you can adjust particle behaviour..
Usually particles move towards energy mines and/ or ships / emitters because of attraction field.
If you change the 100 value to 0 the particles are not reacting to attraction fields.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

NicholasSteele

NicholasSteele

Quote from: FOXX on August 12, 2020, 08:36:33 AM
Quote from: TrickyPlayer on August 12, 2020, 12:57:46 AM
With these settings in image you can adjust particle behaviour..
Usually particles move towards energy mines and/ or ships / emitters because of attraction field.
If you change the 100 value to 0 the particles are not reacting to attraction fields.

Greets
FOXX

Hi, I have recently picked up the Particle Fleet game and was testing out this map. I was wondering how you get the the settings for emitter/benign particle behavior and stop the particles from being attracted so strongly to the energy mines.

THanks and have a great week!

FOXX

Quote from: NicholasSteele on August 23, 2020, 09:00:51 PM
Hi, I have recently picked up the Particle Fleet game and was testing out this map. I was wondering how you get the the settings for emitter/benign particle behavior and stop the particles from being attracted so strongly to the energy mines.

Hi NicholasSteele,

Welcome to the KnuckleCracker Fprum.

If you don't want particles being attracted by anything change the % that target value from 100 to 0.
And leave the Ships/Emitters % blank.
That should do it.

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

NicholasSteele

Quote from: FOXX on August 26, 2020, 09:42:30 AM
Quote from: NicholasSteele on August 23, 2020, 09:00:51 PM

Hi NicholasSteele,

Welcome to the KnuckleCracker Fprum.

Thanks for the reply FOXX!  I understand what I need to change. I just don't understand how to get to the area of the game that will let me edit the emitter and benign particle behavior.

Thanks!
If you don't want particles being attracted by anything change the % that target value from 100 to 0.
And leave the Ships/Emitters % blank.
That should do it.

Greets,
FOXX

FOXX

Quote from: NicholasSteele on August 26, 2020, 02:28:36 PM
Thanks for the reply FOXX!  I understand what I need to change. I just don't understand how to get to the area of the game that will let me edit the emitter and benign particle behavior.
Glad to help.
If you have placed an emitter on your map click on the emitter you want to change and you get that screen of the image above on the right side of your screen.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

NicholasSteele

Quote from: FOXX on August 26, 2020, 03:16:37 PM
Quote from: NicholasSteele on August 26, 2020, 02:28:36 PM
Glad to help.
If you have placed an emitter on your map click on the emitter you want to change and you get that screen of the image above on the right side of your screen.

Greets
FOXX

So I found the emitter settings in the map editor when selecting an emitter. Is this only applicable when making my own map?

I don't really see how changing the emitter settings in your own map would apply  to changing the behavior of emitters in the MicroTank attack map.

I am relatively new to this game so sorry if I am missing something obvious.  ;D

FOXX

Quote from: NicholasSteele on August 27, 2020, 05:24:19 AM
So I found the emitter settings in the map editor when selecting an emitter. Is this only applicable when making my own map?

I don't really see how changing the emitter settings in your own map would apply  to changing the behavior of emitters in the MicroTank attack map.

I am relatively new to this game so sorry if I am missing something obvious.  ;D
Well, you are right about "I don't really see how changing the emitter settings in your own map would apply  to changing the behavior of emitters in the MicroTank attack map" because what you make in the editor only applies to that map. So you can't change anything in published maps.

No worries, if you have questions just ask.

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

NicholasSteele

Quote from: FOXX on August 29, 2020, 02:33:51 PM
Quote from: NicholasSteele on August 27, 2020, 05:24:19 AM

Well, you are right about "I don't really see how changing the emitter settings in your own map would apply  to changing the behavior of emitters in the MicroTank attack map" because what you make in the editor only applies to that map. So you can't change anything in published maps.

No worries, if you have questions just ask.

Greets,
FOXX

Got it!  Thanks for clearing up my confusion. I now better understand how the game works. Have a good weekend!

Nicholas

FOXX

Quote from: NicholasSteele on August 30, 2020, 04:43:52 PM
Got it!  Thanks for clearing up my confusion. I now better understand how the game works. Have a good weekend!

Nicholas
Welcome Nicholas,

and i had a good weekend thank you, hope you to and have a good next one ;)

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

TrickyPlayer

So basically, even when energy mines are that far away they still attract particulate? Interesting, I'll use that at a different level.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

FOXX

Quote from: TrickyPlayer on September 01, 2020, 05:22:50 AM
So basically, even when energy mines are that far away they still attract particulate? Interesting, I'll use that at a different level.
You got that right TrickyPlayer.

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Johnny Haywire

This was a fun mission, and I had to laugh a bit at all the microtanks. And the dialogue was pretty funny too.

Thankfully, there was no need to use any of the microtanks to finish the mission. That would just seem... wrong.

But it was definitely funny and enjoyable running around trying to avoid particulate.

Thanks for the mission!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?