Custom Map #8748: I am out of ideas. By: TrickyCorp

Started by AutoPost, August 09, 2020, 09:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8748: I am out of ideas

Author: TrickyCorp
Size: 200x200

Desc:
I am out of ideas so I decided I would just make a single enemy... that makes more enemies. That's all, really. Oh, and the enemies move randomly so I suggest you save very often and use multiple save slots until you are safe.

Johnny Haywire

Ok, first of all people rating this as a "1" are just probably rage-quitting and not even noticing that
Spoiler
nullifiers take ZERO energy to build and can be pre-built before an attacker comes
[close]
. I didn't notice this until maybe a minute or two into my first attempt. That changes everything and makes this map so very do-able. Please ask for hints instead of assuming it's impossible or poorly designed.

Secondly, people... please at least give Tricky a FEW points for having some funny dialogue! How can you rate the map a "1" (i.e., "worst map possible") when so many maps consist of dialogue like "Hello Skars i am lia an i haf say you kill creper beecuse oh no these map is impposibal we all gona dye!!!"

Thirdly... Tricky, for what it's worth I think this is a cool map. I mean, the people who think the faces on Mount Rushmore just kinda formed that way over time are probably the same people who rated this map a "1". Don't stop what you're doing. Do-ooon't stop belie-eeving. And please don't stop the muuuusic!

Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

TrickyPlayer

Well, if you really want to see more levels that are follow the concepts of my earlier levels, I think I could make some. I already have an idea, and it will sure be refreshing, and possibly nostalgic too.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Helper

Quote from: TrickyPlayer on August 11, 2020, 04:05:04 AM
... and it will sure be refreshing, and possibly nostalgic too.

Hold on now...how can something be refreshing and nostalgic?
We might have to call in the grammar police on this one.
;)

Seriously, you're throwing out a ton of maps for the rest of us to play and a little bit of appreciation seems in order.
A couple of them were fully 10/10's and some were 'just walk away' (for me), but all of them meant you took the time to create something.

Concur fully that lazy-assed rat bastards (such as yours truly) who only play, should show some acknowledgement for the folks doing the creative work.
Thanks,
H

Johnny Haywire

Lol.Totally agree with Helper. I was once approached by a guy at a Taco Bell who said he needed money for food. When I offered to buy him whatever he wanted there, he replied, "Oh, I don't like Taco Bell. I just need some money for food." So why are you in a Taco Bell saying you need food??  :P >:( :P Beggars can't be choosers yanno. I'm thankful for all you map-making bandits out there!  ;D

And yanno, even the maps I haven't liked so much were kinda cool in their own way. The biggest problem from my end is that I don't spend much time actually playing the games so I can only do a couple maps a day on average. And you're pumping them out faster than I can complete them. But that's ok... just make what ya want, at whatever speed feels good to you. Just don't burn yourself out to the point where ya get frustrated and quit making them altogether. Seen that happen quite often over the 30+ years of playing this game. (I used to play this game back when I was in the future).  8)

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on August 11, 2020, 11:25:45 PM
Just don't burn yourself out to the point where ya get frustrated and quit making them altogether. Seen that happen quite often over the 30+ years of playing this game. (I used to play this game back when I was in the future).

I make levels for fun. I make them so that I can have a challenge, too. It's like making the perfect fit for yourself, but altered so that others can also play it.

Well, actually it's different, but I don't make maps because I 'have to'. It's rather hard to force me to do something. Asking works.

Point is, I can't really get burned out doing something I like, right? It's more like times of activity and times of less activity. Talking about activity: It will become less when school starts for me. School just takes away some hours from my days. There are still some hours(1 or 2?) left though when that happens.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Johnny Haywire