Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #555: Creeper's Planet

Author: SuperDan
Size: 192x192

Desc:
Can you retake a planet from the Creeper? #digitalis #runners #noCRPL

Loren Pechtel

Slow!  No threat but it's hard to make progress.

There are some of those little moons that I simply was unable to crack but I was able to bypass.

SuperDan

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on May 14, 2014, 10:57:41 AM
Slow!  No threat but it's hard to make progress.

There are some of those little moons that I simply was unable to crack but I was able to bypass.
Yeah, this map was designed to reverse roles a little bit- you do the creeping.
Now you know how the Creeper feels like ;).
(But in all honesty, yeah, this map is a bit too sloggy.)

Something

Sloggy yes, but that is my favorite kind of map. Good job, very challenging, I enjoyed this one a lot. Not much space to work with so you have to be creative with your units, make big attacks timed just right, and just when you think you have it all going your way, bam you cap out of energy, loose a critical unit, or some crisis that makes you need to rethink the approach. I split this one up over 2 days of play, I actually was looking forward to finishing it all day.

SuperDan

Quote from: Something on May 14, 2014, 08:02:04 PM
Sloggy yes, but that is my favorite kind of map. Good job, very challenging, I enjoyed this one a lot. Not much space to work with so you have to be creative with your units, make big attacks timed just right, and just when you think you have it all going your way, bam you cap out of energy, loose a critical unit, or some crisis that makes you need to rethink the approach. I split this one up over 2 days of play, I actually was looking forward to finishing it all day.
Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) This goes to show:
If you make a map, and it turns out slightly different(e.g. sloggier or easier than you expected), you can change some numbers to make it more like the way you want it, or you can just roll with it(like I did with this map).
Either way, people like good maps.  :)

ak

Did you intend to
Spoiler
Make the orbital weapons unusable
[close]
and
Spoiler
make it so that people would sacrifice guppies to charge the forge?
[close]

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: ak on May 19, 2014, 03:50:32 PM
Did you intend to
Spoiler
[close]
and
Spoiler
[close]

I didn't even think of trying that.  I was able to liberate it without resorting to kamikazes.

SuperDan

Quote from: ak on May 19, 2014, 03:50:32 PM
Did you intend to
Spoiler
[close]
and
Spoiler
[close]
Orbital weapons was a mistake.
That forge tactic is entirely legitamite though. It is v. inefficient though, seeing as Guppys only have enough health to transfer ~7 packets.  :)