Creeper World User Space Nomination Discussion

Started by TonyP2000, June 23, 2011, 01:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyP2000

For those of you who have heard of The new flash game that is being developed. It is called Creeper World: User Space and it will consist of 12 user made custom maps to help promote Creeper World.

This topic will be dedicated to discussing what maps should be nominated and why.

I personally think, we should not nominate the all time best maps, but maps that show off all the cool features of the game as well as the map editor. Remember, the best maps should be available to those who purchase the game. This will help in draw more players.

To make an official nomination, post a reply on this topic:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=7281.0

Make sure you read the rules!  ;)
Vote Tony!

TonyP2000

Does anyone even know when this game is going to be released? I want to try it out.

I also have been noticing that some of the maps nominated are way too hard. It is cool to have at least one really challenging map, but too many difficult maps will discourage new players.
Vote Tony!

UpperKEES

I guess you've read that:

Quote from: virgilw on June 20, 2011, 12:41:10 PM
- Depending on the number of nominated maps I receive, I will either choose the final maps from the nominated maps myself, or I will run a one or more polls to help decide.

I'm sure Virgil will follow up when the time is there. Releasing the CW2 Map Editor and CW2: Tournament (allowing exposure on Flash portals) probably have priority at the moment. The map editor is planned to be released within a month, see here.

Quote from: virgilw on June 20, 2011, 12:41:10 PM
- I am looking for a range of map types and difficulty.  I will only be including 3-4 'very hard' maps.  The first 3-4 maps I include will be 'easy', the last 3-4 will be pretty hard, and the ones in the middle should be average difficulty. Keep this in mind when nominating maps.

As you can read Virgil will take every type of player into account. Believe me, he's an expert in that.

I noticed you've only nominated 4 maps, so feel free to add 16 more of your preferred difficulty. :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

TonyP2000

I only mentioned difficulty because I noticed lots "hard" and "expert only" maps being nominated.

Of course I am going to nominate more, I just need to find some really good ones.
Vote Tony!

UpperKEES

I think there's an easy explanation for that:

Good map makers very often are good players. Knowing all ins & outs of the game and knowing what it takes to beat a map fast allows them to create maps that are challenging, versatile and still fun to play. They aren't satisfied by making a trivial/easy map, because this wouldn't allow them to use all of their creativity and challenge themselves as well.

This means making a very good easy map is maybe harder than making a very good expert only map. The only players able to judge this are people who are relatively new to the game, so I hope some more starting players will also nominate the maps of their likings.

When nominating I definitely tuned down the difficulty level of my choice, because otherwise I would have nominated much harder maps (although I couldn't resist to mention a few of my true favorites, just because these have stimulated my own creativity and contributed a lot in making CW1 my #1 game).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

TonyP2000

As someone who is much more new to this game, I find some of the maps made by the betas and veterans to be really hard. I am trying to nominate maps that are much more, "noob" friendly.
Vote Tony!

Ebon Heart

Also, I think some of the maps will be altered slightly if nominated to make them a little easier/harder, depending on what's needed. Or to remove cussing and stuff like that.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!