Custom Map: 101_m1: 3 by 3 grid

Started by AutoPost, May 29, 2011, 11:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: 101_m1: 3 by 3 grid

Author: CJY101

Desc:
Life on the road, consolidate at every step.

Every 7 divide in half, Air strike in any direction.

CJY101

Title: 101_mission 1: 3 by 3 grid

Difficulty: Expert Only

Description: Life on the road, consolidate at every step.

Every 7 divide in half, Air strike in any direction.

Download page: 101_m1: 3 by 3 grid

Full size screen shot:

More maps:101 mission
( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission

CJY101

Just found out.
I have omitted. :'(
Will not affect the results.

( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission

nox_ultionem

Do you have any hints for us? I can manage to get a blaster to defend me from the first emitter but then the ones behind always break through...I don't see how to defend that side ???

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: nox_ultionem on June 04, 2011, 02:08:32 PM
Do you have any hints for us? I can manage to get a blaster to defend me from the first emitter but then the ones behind always break through...I don't see how to defend that side ???

The first couple of minutes are very time critical. A single blaster will secure that block after the degrading walls are gone. But only after securing the first emitter. I used two blasters to secure the emitter  ;)

Kithros

This is the way I recommend doing it:

First you build the 2 collectors at the bottom obviously, then I built 2 blasters and waited for them to get to full energy before moving them in (you have to be a little careful of where you position the top blaster, or the LS might die before the creeper goes away). Start building the 3rd collector as soon as possible, and once the top blaster is out of energy move it in position to deal with the creeper behind the wall once it breaks. After you've done this part, most of the map isn't truly threatening, just very long - I got bored at the 4th chamber or so and stopped there. Note that if you build the first collector any closer to the totem that the creeper will destroy it before your first blaster can finish.

snowmaker (JM)

I stopped after the 3rd chamber, but that is me  :-\

mthw2vc

Hmmm, I just ran out of time while working on the 5th chamber. Too bad, I had to start all over again. Interesting, but too lengthy for my tastes. Going to try again to run through it all, though...

CJY101

Quote from: nox_ultionem on June 04, 2011, 02:08:32 PM
Do you have any hints for us? I can manage to get a blaster to defend me from the first emitter

but then the ones behind always break through...I don't see how to defend that side ???
If you want to know how I start it?
Spoiler
Do you really want to know.
Spoiler
Not try other methods?
Spoiler
You really do not regret it.
Spoiler
Well, then ...
Spoiler
I use three Blasters.
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Quote from: snowmaker (JM) on June 04, 2011, 05:32:34 PM
A single blaster will secure that block after the degrading walls are gone.
This is born with a disease.
Disease. follow. Life.

Quote from: Kithros on June 04, 2011, 05:47:08 PM
This is the way I recommend doing it:

This is not my way
This is a bit risky.

Quote from: Kithros on June 04, 2011, 05:47:08 PM
After you've done this part, most of the map isn't truly threatening, just very long - I got

bored at the 4th chamber or so and stopped there.
This map, First half of the relatively simple.
The greater the distance, the smaller space

If you play to the latter half of the building in front is not good.
Difficult to have space for construction and attack.

Quote from: snowmaker (JM) on June 04, 2011, 06:04:52 PM
I stopped after the 3rd chamber, but that is me  :-\
Are you a farmer?

Quote from: mthw2vc on June 04, 2011, 06:31:18 PM
Hmmm, I just ran out of time while working on the 5th chamber. Too bad, I had to start all over

again. Interesting, but too lengthy for my tastes. Going to try again to run through it all,

though...
Initial design, to the 4th, I spent more than 40 minutes, which is a terrible thing.
Because too long, I had to change the design, and Emitter.

CJY101

Perhaps more than that relatively easy in front of
So there is no complete.
But the key to this map,
Spoiler
Build your life in order to take the next step.
[close]

CobraKill

Man,CJY101 You're mysteroius  ;)
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

nox_ultionem

Managed to secure first room :D Thanks for the attach-totem-to-collector tip to stop emitter guys, I never thought of that. As we speak I'm going for the second score on here :3 Anyone mind informing me how to post scores that way I can when I'm done?

CJY101

Quote from: nox_ultionem on June 05, 2011, 10:21:13 PM
Anyone mind informing me how to post scores that way I can when I'm done?
You mean I should not tell everybody? (Oh! I'm sorry.)
Or? I don't understand.

nox_ultionem

No, like, I'm new to the forum, I dunno how to post my score here when I finally beat your level :P Sorry for confusion.

nox_ultionem

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu62/darkrangerhalt/RAGE.jpg (Sorry if you have to click to make it work, I dunno how to work links, new to forums in general)

I reached the drones, but then the circled emitter somehow broke through and cut my lines. >.<

Despite the setback and 3 hour+ time its taking, I'm not giving up.

The bottom left area I also circled because the fix seems confusing to me...I'll cross that bridge when I reach it though.

I love this map though, its very challenging ^^

Cheers