License Question

Started by Ostler, October 04, 2013, 01:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ostler

I looked around around and could not find this. How does licensing work? It says it includes the Mac and Windows version. So, does that mean I can install it on both with one purchase?

If When my kids want to play it on their computers I need to purchase it again? (I may do that regardless, the price is fantastic and the developer deserves the money!)

Thanks!
Ostler

Michionlion

As far as I know (and this was how it was with cw1 & 2), you can download the game on as many computers as you want, as many times as you want.  You'll just have to input your key into the new installs.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

You can buy one time and run ot on as many PCs as you have. And the link will let you D/L Windows and Mac versions, I believe
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Neko187

Didn't you read the EULA?  ::) As far as I know, you're allowed to download on as many computers as you want, as long as you own them.
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

Deadeye

Quote from: Neko187 on October 04, 2013, 01:51:11 PM
Didn't you read the EULA?

I did.  It was hard to find later. 

This is from the demo (which you have to install before reading, tho it restricts installation rights).

"You may install, use, access, display and run only one copy of the Software, on a single computer, workstation or terminal"

"You must ... acquire a license for each separate Computer on which the Software is run...."

D

Michionlion

Well.  Maybe that needs to be updated...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

knucracker

You can download and install on all the machines in your household.  The game doesn't do online DRM verification, so just use the same key on all machines.  The verbiage in the EULA is a catch all that is really only relevant in cases where somebody wants to buy one copy of the game, then setup a streaming service for N people to play (and charge them money).... as an example. 

The thing I'm not interested in is preventing somebody from buying the game and then installing and running it on their desktop, their laptop, or the computers of other family members.

Ostler

Thanks for the response! I'd have said that earlier, but I've been busy playing CW3.  :D

Fantastic game! I bought 2 copies anyway. Just seemed right. I also got a friend hooked and he bought the game for himself.

Can't say enough good things. Thank you for all the hard work V! You're awesome!

Thanks!
Ostler