Incongruency in time between game and scores

Started by cvtfwlbt, April 29, 2012, 07:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvtfwlbt

Hello, I was playing this one custom level where I had a 9027 / 6'28". I finished it again and got the final stats window to display 9027 / 6'27" which of course looked weird. But since I was monitoring the score I already had in the level's score page, I'm pretty sure I read right. Well: I sent the time, I refreshed the scores page, and it showed no change in score or time: only one more play. This of course is not so terribly important, but I thought it would be interesting to know. Maybe it's just that one exact particular score that includes both times, and maybe you get the highest by default, but it has happened quite often the contrary: to have the same time as another player, but different score, because score decreases faster than time increases.... ??? Any thoughts?

Edit: just noticed that this should probably have been posted in the Support section...

Michionlion

It may be that in order to calculate the highest score it only uses the time.  That would be a bug, but it does default to the higher score if you've gotten one.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

cvtfwlbt

Well, I just noticed it in another map: I guess it's quite normal, then. Maybe the game actually records the time in tenths/sec. or something, and in the scores the time gets rounded up to closest full second. No bug then.  :P