map #1110 yolo *** ***

Started by teknotiss, April 05, 2014, 01:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

map name is on the rude side and is against KC's policy on politeness
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14416.msg105365#msg105365
do we have a report button in the DMD?  ???
i don't see one, but i may be being a bit blind. i even DL'd the map to see if i could report when the rating sub option appears, but no. ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Karsten75

It's something we talked about, but since I recall only one prev map, I guess V hasn't yet felt the need to make the investment in code.. Maybe this starts changing things.

teknotiss

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 05, 2014, 01:33:42 PM
It's something we talked about, but since I recall only one prev map, I guess V hasn't yet felt the need to make the investment in code.. Maybe this starts changing things.

i think it's now time for that, with more players coming from steam (hopefully) we might want to make our rules/guidelines more prominant in the DMD and custom map uploading/submitting process too.
perhaps a bit of text explaining what we'd prefer as a community and what the possible consequences are of being rude and or unpleasant?
while V's at it a player name reporting tool could be helpful, some players names may encourage others to name maps in a similar way to this one. i think we all know at least one example, the one i'm thinking of is borderline offensive to religious people too, but since i'm not one i care more about the bad language aspect :)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus