Unapproved Map Discussion

Started by knucracker, April 14, 2010, 02:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Description:

QuoteStop the milk

Rejection message:

QuoteI have rejected your map because of the objects depicted, as these are not suitable for underaged players according to the guidelines of KnuckleCracker.

[Screenshot not included for obvious reasons.]
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

UpperKEES

Description:

QuoteREAL EASY!

Rejection message:

QuoteI have rejected your map because the only thing you have to do is click the Continue-button.

UpperKEES

Description:

QuoteThe 6th to my series Very hard map to do.

Rejection message:

QuoteI have rejected this map because this map indeed looks very hard (3 emitters with 12, 12 and 10 intensity on high terrain), so I'd like you to submit a score before I can approve it.

UpperKEES

Description:

QuoteThe longest map here.

Build a base, build some defenses, then relax. Watch a few movies.  Maybe go to the store and pick up some groceries or [Text removed - ed.]

It is gonna take a bit to get to you, but when it does, boy oh boy.... you'll probably be asleep by then.

Rejection message:

QuoteI have rejected this map because 2 reasons:

1. The text in the description is not according to the guidelines by KnuckleCracker.
2. Nobody is interested in waiting for about 2 hours. Next time somebody will add one more layers of walls to beat your map in taking the longest time to finish....

Karsten75

Description: ...

Rejection message: The survival pods are destroyed within 2 seconds. This map cannot be beat.

PS. You also provided a fake/unusable email address, so you will not receive the rejection message or email.

UpperKEES

That's why I said:

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 26, 2010, 05:07:48 PM
I will reject any future maps clearly created just to bother people without any further notice.

Those people just take too much of our precious time and probably love it when their useless map shows up here. I won't post here or a send a message any more in these cases, but simply click the reject button, so it has cost them more time than us.

Karsten75

Map description: have fun bwhahahahahaahahaha

Rejection message: This map will not be approved until a score is submitted to prove that it can be won.

It's going to be a long summer for map approvals.  :(

SPIFFEN

There is an rule that you have to prove that the map can be done :
"You must confirm that the map can be won."
So uploaded maps without scores can be left alone ,
if you dont have time to test it and see if it workes .

For those who dont want to post an score for their maps :
Can post an bad score .
Or there should be an email or something to post that the map can be done .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

I am afraid I'm not sure what you mean.

Quote from: SPIFFEN on June 02, 2010, 11:02:05 AM
So uploaded maps without scores can be left alone ,
if you dont have time to test it and see if it workes .

Do you mean we should leave them in the queue? --> Then it will never get empty but will grow by dozens of maps a week.

Do you mean we should approve them and players just shouldn't play them if the author still hasn't played the map himself? --> Don't forget many players don't even visit the forums, so they just download every map that looks nice. They will be disappointed later on and might even start complaining why KnuckleCracker publishes so many crappy maps.

Quote from: SPIFFEN on June 02, 2010, 11:02:05 AM
For those who dont want to post an score for their maps :
Can post an bad score .
Or there should be an email or something to post that the map can be done .

Map makers who don't have time to test their own maps shouldn't upload them at all!

And why wouldn't you want to post a good score for your map, but do want to post a bad score? Maps with with fast completion times are being downloaded more often!

An e-mail is no prove, even when a screenshot has been included, because the map can be altered. Besides that I don't want to go over numerous e-mails as well. There's already enough work to be done.

ontheworld

it sounds like there are more testers required... NOT ME btw

UpperKEES

Luckily someone will join the reviewing team soon. :)

Because of the holidays however we can expect an increase in the number of uploaded maps, so submitting scores will remain very important. Don't be surprised if your map sits in the queue for several days when you didn't take the effort to post a score for it....

SPIFFEN

Yes leave them in the queue , and delete them after an set time if there is'nt posted an score to the map .

But if an mapmaker dont want to post an score , to let the players struggle a bit ,
there should be an way to do so as well , so the map doesnt get deleted from the queue .

The map approval team should set the rules to make your job as easy as possible ,
and everyone else has to follow the rules you set .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Karsten75

Please keep discussion off this thread.  There are now three map approvers.  The system works fine. We have enough leeway so that each approver has substantial discretion on how to deal with problematic maps. If there are more map  approvers, then a system with this much discretion will not work well.

ontheworld

k, it was just because for as far as i heard no one here was able to check maps unless it has a time

Blaze

Quote from: Karsten75 on June 02, 2010, 10:27:19 AM
Map description: have fun bwhahahahahaahahaha

Rejection message: This map will not be approved until a score is submitted to prove that it can be won.

It's going to be a long summer for map approvals.  :(

Where's the totems?