[Bug] Omnis take map space while moving

Started by Relli, October 01, 2016, 11:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Relli

As a likely result of a recent patch that prevents Omnis from stacking over each other, the opposite is now true. While an Omni is flying to its destination, the area it took off from shows as taken when trying to build another Omni on the spot. Once the Omni lands, all is well again.

planetfall

Some experience with PRPL may indicate this is part of a larger issue. In my map "mutually assured" the scripted missiles are incorrectly set to occupy space. Once one of the Crossbow ships fires, if you try to move it slightly, the area near it will show as occupied even if the missile has moved on. The missile moves by setting its pixel coords, which would seem to suggest that its cell coords and certainly its footprint area aren't being properly updated. Omni movement probably uses the same internal set-pixel-coord function as PRPL accesses.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

svartmes

I've also experienced this and it's very annoying. Hope it will get fixed.

knucracker

Quote from: Relli on October 01, 2016, 11:35:32 PM
As a likely result of a recent patch that prevents Omnis from stacking over each other, the opposite is now true. While an Omni is flying to its destination, the area it took off from shows as taken when trying to build another Omni on the spot. Once the Omni lands, all is well again.

Just to confirm, in my testing this only seems to be true for omnis in space. If I build an omni on land, then tell it to move elsewhere, the space it was sitting on is immediately cleared.  This does not seem to be true if the omni is in space.  The original spot only frees up once the omni reaches its destination.