Annoying lines appear when I play cw1 now.

Started by Ebon Heart, June 03, 2011, 09:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grauniad

Tell us what you have done. We told you early on to try and uninstall AIR and reinstall it, to check for updates to video drivers, or to rollback video drivers if you applied a recent update.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Grauniad on June 13, 2011, 05:32:51 PM
Tell us what you have done. We told you early on to try and uninstall AIR and reinstall it, to check for updates to video drivers, or to rollback video drivers if you applied a recent update.
I downgraded AIR, and reinstalled cw1, I can't figure out what the problem is.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

I've tried everything I can think of at this point... they're just sorta there. And I don't really notice them anymore.... plus, they kinda help at times.

CobraKill

Wait!? I think I may no the problem or atleast point us in the right direction. Virgil or anyone, how are map's terrain saved? I remeber as XML  or a zipped up some sort of file. Anyways what if it's his computer is having a problem loading it or this some corrupt file. Try redownloading it. Maybe one the gameloading files is corrupted or missing something
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

thepenguin

Quote from: The Commander on June 14, 2011, 08:14:55 AM
Wait!? I think I may no the problem or atleast point us in the right direction. Virgil or anyone, how are map's terrain saved? I remeber as XML  or a zipped up some sort of file. Anyways what if it's his computer is having a problem loading it or this some corrupt file. Try redownloading it. Maybe one the gameloading files is corrupted or missing something

the background images are most likely stored in the main.swf file, Base 64-encoded
We have become the creeper...

CobraKill

what if when downloaded from the website somethings wrong with it (ie Hacked, Corrupted)

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

CobraKill

Now I maen if the patch itself is broken

ontheworld

Quote from: The Commander on June 14, 2011, 09:45:35 AM
Now I maen if the patch itself is broken

So you're saying the patch itself has a corrupt file? That would be very strange, as I don't have any lines with the latest patch...

Ebon Heart

I repatched the game, no good. It was a good thought though... and it is probably something with the terrain.

UpperKEES

Custom backgrounds are saved in the .cwm file, so every map file on your computer would have to be corrupt, which is very unlikely. It must be something in the rendering.

Did you recently update your flash player? I know I got prompted....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

knucracker

My only guess is that it has to do with the latest 3d acceleration in flash/AIR and something very peculiar about the specific graphics card and the specific graphics drivers in place.  An update (which windows update can do) of the graphics drivers could have triggered this.   CW1 has layers of transparent sprites for things like the terrain edges, creeper, etc.  These transparent sprites would be things that flash would try to accelerate (to make the alpha blending faster).

Blaze

I have version 2.6.0.19140 and did not have the problem.

Updated to the latest version, 2.7.0.19480 and still do not have the lines.

So it can't be Air can it? Of course my old desktop has an old Chipset for a Graphics card, so it may not have the proper capabilities to use the latest features from Air causing me to not see any lines.

Ebon Heart

I have no idea... at this point, I don't really care. I'm starting to think it'd look really weird without the lines.