Main Menu

caves!!!!!

Started by 1jmw11, March 07, 2010, 07:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1jmw11

they should allow us to build caves when building maps so youcan hide stuff ;) Whoever would play would be all like WhAt!!!!!!  ???  ???  ???

archn

Who is "they"? VW? And I don't know what you mean by hiding stuff in caves.. You'll have to be more specific... Unless you mean like hiding the emitters and schematics... So that way when the emitters start emitting, they can do it out of no where.  And you have to build collectors everywhere to find the hidden schematics.

TheBuilder

Not to be rude but this idea has been suggested a couple of times before, the map is not truly 3D, it is only manipulated to give the impression of 3D, when it is realy 2D.
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

UpperKEES

Everywhere in the universe people got killed by the Creeper, and you think you can hide in a cave? Hahaha! :D
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

No, I think he wants to hide game objects, so that they are not immediately apparent. Now sure how one would go about finding them, though.

Twi

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 09, 2010, 11:50:04 AM
No, I think he wants to hide game objects, so that they are not immediately apparent. Now sure how one would go about finding them, though.
This.

As for finding them, I'd say triggers ('if building is within X distance, display object' kind of triggers). And you should probably be given a hint about them in the opening text.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!