Custom Map #2389: Max Density

Started by AutoPost, July 30, 2013, 11:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2389: Max Density

Author: Smoke

Desc:

DRider

I swear I looked right at the solution and thought: that won't work.  I just need one more mirror!!! 

I didn't. 

Good puzzle!

yum-forum

Quote from: DRider on July 31, 2013, 02:28:09 AM
I swear I looked right at the solution and thought: that won't work.  I just need one more mirror!!! 

I didn't. 

Good puzzle!
In this game DB with not enough mirrors is something like jokes!  :)
Pls use only C-bombs.  Good luck!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

teknotiss

Quote from: yum-forum on July 31, 2013, 02:55:31 AM

I didn't. 

Good puzzle!

no! just use the DBeam like you're supposed to!  ;)
there ARE enough mirrors, just work out the route for the DBeam and you're laughing!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Grauniad

Quote from: teknotiss on July 31, 2013, 09:52:15 AM

I didn't. 

Good puzzle!

there ARE enough mirrors, just work out the route for the DBeam and you're laughing!  8)

I think you miss the point. It seems to me as if Yum-Yum is saying you can also beat this by only using the available Conversion Bombs. That would be truly impressive.

As for the correct path, I completely fail to find it.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

NFITC1

I found the path, but the problem was the creeper clean up after destroying the emitters. There's probably a faster way to do it because the average is around 8 mins and it took me nearly 16. :(

EDIT:
NM, got 6:23 on second go.

Spoiler
The path I used is on the extreme right, but the Beam had to go up to get there. It speeds it up just a tad to create multiple nexuses as you dig downwards.
[close]

J

Quote from: NFITC1 on July 31, 2013, 01:02:32 PM
I found the path, but the problem was the creeper clean up after destroying the emitters. There's probably a faster way to do it because the average is around 8 mins and it took me nearly 16. :(
I used the Cbombs to clean up all creeper (moved them down on the left side, built a shield there and moved them into the creeper pool). If that fails detonate them right above the DB.

@G yes you could use this as a hint ;)

hint
Don't read!
It would be easier if the DB was attached to the other terrain
[close]
[close]

PumpkinDog

Quote from: NFITC1 on July 31, 2013, 01:02:32 PM

EDIT:
NM, got 6:23 on second go.

Spoiler
The path I used is on the extreme right, but the Beam had to go up to get there. It speeds it up just a tad to create multiple nexuses as you dig downwards.
[close]

I'm still one mirror short

edit: nevermind, once i implemented my one mirror short strategy i saw how to improve on it by one mirror

StorminASU

I can't figure this map out at all.  Any hints for a newbie.  I am trying to use the far right site, with the DB pointed to the left of the screen and the couple rows of ground to the right of it removed, but I'm falling like 3 mirrors short of being able to get in the creeper and point it at the line of emitters.  Thanks in advance!

teknotiss

Quote from: Grauniad on July 31, 2013, 10:05:23 AM
Quote from: teknotiss on July 31, 2013, 09:52:15 AM

I didn't. 

Good puzzle!

I think you miss the point. It seems to me as if Yum-Yum is saying you can also beat this by only using the available Conversion Bombs. That would be truly impressive.

As for the correct path, I completely fail to find it.

ah perhaps i did, no worries! still doing it with CBombs took me ages! (well i gave up the CBomb route when i saw the DBeam path  ::) but it is do-able with CBombs only i think, just many reloads i guess)
G, or anyone else, if you want a spoiler i could PM you, just let me know.
this was one of the most devious maps i've come across

Quote from: StorminASU on July 31, 2013, 03:13:59 PM
I can't figure this map out at all.  Any hints for a newbie.  I am trying to use the far right site, with the DB pointed to the left of the screen and the couple rows of ground to the right of it removed, but I'm falling like 3 mirrors short of being able to get in the creeper and point it at the line of emitters.  Thanks in advance!

hey stormin. PM me if you want the solution, or just a clue. i don't want to give clues here cos it's such a puzzling map. later dude
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Marley

Clever idea, but yeesh, if I can kill an emitter once I can kill it five times, or ten, or a thousand.  Sitting and waiting for nullifiers gets boring after a while.

Helper

Quote from: Marley on July 31, 2013, 05:24:30 PM
Clever idea, but yeesh, if I can kill an emitter once I can kill it five times, or ten, or a thousand.  Sitting and waiting for nullifiers gets boring after a while.

The idea is to NOT "Sitting and waiting..." - attack the Emitters aggressively and you can take about 5 minutes off your time.

Marley

Quote from: Helper on July 31, 2013, 05:29:46 PM
The idea is to NOT "Sitting and waiting..." - attack the Emitters aggressively and you can take about 5 minutes off your time.

I did.  But when I've filled every available space with nullifiers I still have to wait for them to build and then to count down.  And then do it again, and again...

PMouser

i cant figure this out? please help there are not enough mirrows
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Grauniad

Quote from: PMouser on August 05, 2013, 10:56:09 PM
i cant figure this out? please help there are not enough mirrows

But, indeed, there are enough mirrors. The true challenge is to find the one and only path that will lead you to victory. :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon