Topic for sharing Awesome DMD Maps

Started by pawel345, October 10, 2013, 02:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mimsy

You should make a vid of it, Eketek. Or at least describe what you do?
Momo on the DMD scores.

Eketek

Quote from: Mimsy on October 22, 2013, 02:20:50 AM
You should make a vid of it, Eketek. Or at least describe what you do?

It's a secret, so I'll have to mislead you.

Try careful and [perhaps] somewhat unconventional use of powerzones.

Mimsy

Quote from: Eketek on October 26, 2013, 03:50:50 AM
Try careful and [perhaps] somewhat unconventional use of powerzones.

I took another look at the map and your hint didn't help. But I beat your time on "It's Not Useless" so it's okay. :P
Momo on the DMD scores.

Karsten75

Crumble - Hard by Altren was one of the best-ever DMD maps I've played. Needed a few restarts to get going. Really fun.

BQCsSxpQpgeSYGwLRB2EAIQAC+ICEAOglqAqEAiIAAjAAAgA0AKoAIDzEpAgYCBwIEDAQUIk2eAFAAlAACACYADKCMroIIEsgybkFGAYgAAKgArgCaASAAiopEnoX+1fYGKCesCDAA3ADcAvgBXA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AMAAQEAAQEAAABkAAAAAGQAAAAAZAAAABQA=

Mimsy

Quote from: Karsten75 on October 27, 2013, 11:03:20 AM
Crumble - Hard by Altren

I just played it and it was great, thanks. It's fun to figure out where/how to terraform and not spend too much time or energy. One thing to note, which I forgot to check before starting and wish I had: the spores are on about a 4 minute timer. I wasted a fair bit trying to get beams up before they finished initializing and didn't need to.
Momo on the DMD scores.

Cohiba

BQDHWod294HUGpCNDFDBAGwAEdsCyAKeyGQqAAAwAhjAAAgQAAPoYCCANUBAMEDgK2BCAcLfH2EFQAYgACADIAAQSGFIQIAm4Prh/n8WgGAGwAcACSAwwMdJaKsLQBcAwALjO0B7gQ8AD8A6QBLA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AMAAQAAAAAABABkAAAAAGQAAAAAZAADAAQA=

I love the look of this map just don't think its beatable, at least I can't beat it would be interesting to hear tips on how someone beat it if its possible.

squallsoft

Got one for ya :-)

It includes two Islands. Spores SPAM YOU while you build up for your assault. Check out my completed screenshot below!

pawel345

A little time limit

The map itself is not hard but the interesting concept is that you can make a time limit on your DMD maps by disallowing beams and placing 25 big payload, short interval spore towers with a set build time. This one it to test this teory and has the time limit of around 10 min. So Farbor like DMD maps are possible^^

AwAXAAAAAgAAAAQAAACEAIQAA/EAyABaPDwEAACgACgwAAAAWAKAcCAjA1AAUAAAquABQOFBhsADwANAAcADoADKCMooIwPhAHeBDIAMAKAAgALAAwAPQMFDgQIAgAwAQMEDGQAPgAKAAgAAAADA////////////////////////////////////PwDA/38AwP8/AEAAAECAQAA=

Loyal

I too have been toying around with unit limits to see what they can do to a map.

Tech Limits Ahoy!

This small map with lots of void ridges proves to be deceptively challenging when you realize just how little firepower you have.
With only 20 reactors at your disposal and limited land initially available, energy must be carefully rationed for much of the game. On top of that, you can only build precious few blasters, mortars, shields, and strafers, requiring you to choose carefully where and what you focus your firepower on.

A Runner's Nest will activate after a fair delay, but the only Digi Bridge leading to them is thin and easily destroyed. Whether and when you choose to cut them off is up to you, as while the Runners are numerous and quick, they drop a modest bounty of Anticreeper on death.

As a small mercy to the player, your starting island to the top-right has a decent Aether Pack and an easily-killed Spore Tower. Wise use of both the aether and the Power Zone are critical to your success.

This map took me about half an hour in-game time to complete. Knowing now how the map flows, I could probably shave off about five minutes of that if I tried... but perhaps someone else can do better?

BQDCYTdoliOZOGHyYU6EAEoADtgCsgLAeggKAACQAgAYAAgQcADAYPBzNUAAQACQxGDBoKHE6iAGIAhAASAIQICDwjRjoGA2g4ukBMAFIMADAAaAFGAXAAUJIQH3n/o/YGIGR8DQhxWADsAxwAfA////PwWAAMD///8/AIABgAIAAYABwP///////////38AQAAAAEAAQAAAAIAAABkAAAAAGQAAgAAUAADAAgA=

Mimsy

Quote from: Loyal on November 03, 2013, 04:27:02 PM
Tech Limits Ahoy!

Yeah this was good. I like the unique challenge. I spent a while at first trying to rush down the runner nest and came SO CLOSE but eventually abandoned that. The Bertha limit (of 1) was my most limiting factor. I had plenty of blasters but hit the mortar limit a lot. There probably should've been a limit on the bombers but I guess by the time you get the two ores on the left you're mostly done. I also wish I could've had a terraformer since without one I can't get my blasters to shoot uphill. :(

One of the first maps I dialed was called "5 of Each" with a limit of 5 of everything except collectors and relays (and no Thor). It's probably way too easy if I go back and play it now.
Momo on the DMD scores.

Loyal

I like Terraforming as a concept, but outside of maps specifically designed such that you (should) need a Terp to proceed, I feel it just breaks the game too much. If there were some way to restrain it...

As for the Runner Nest, if they're annoying you, you can pretty much knock it out completely by having two Strafers run down the thin Digitalis leading to it. Digitalis needs an unbroken connection to an Emitter to function, and as long as you can break that, the Runner Nest can be completely flooded in Creeper and still do nothing. I kept it running for awhile since the runners were easy to contain, and because a well-placed Bertha shot would not only clear a lot of creeper, but as mentioned before, flood the area in anti creeper.

teknotiss

Quote from: Loyal on November 05, 2013, 10:59:57 PM
I like Terraforming as a concept, but outside of maps specifically designed such that you (should) need a Terp to proceed, I feel it just breaks the game too much. If there were some way to restrain it...
what do you mean?  ???
there is a restraint, a huge energy cost and it takes ages!  ::)
a game breaker is a pretty big deal, and if true it needs addressing soon, so how does it break the game precisely?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

MizInIA

I just had one with an interesting twist. an island to assault that is covered in air exclusion towers. Berthas were my friend to knock down the creeper so i could land a CN. my time is terrible.  I am sure others can do way better.

Land the Island
BQCJBtk0ud16FXDfUzAAAQABCPgCggC0VAoCCABYADhQABAQMALYQNAjAAAQMECAISAD4iJF0OIEQAbAAcADYIBiJrwoQQFRhhxI+t8UYOALAAxgNsA/AGJK4KcK4BAAQ+YGIIB/0AAABsArQArA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AMAAQAAAAIAAABkAAAAAGQAAAAAZAACAAwA=

Grayzzur

Quote from: MizInIA on November 06, 2013, 03:39:49 PM
I just had one with an interesting twist. an island to assault that is covered in air exclusion towers. Berthas were my friend to knock down the creeper so i could land a CN. my time is terrible.  I am sure others can do way better.

Land the Island
BQCJBtk0ud16FXDfUzAAAQABCPgCggC0VAoCCABYADhQABAQMALYQNAjAAAQMECAISAD4iJF0OIEQAbAAcADYIBiJrwoQQFRhhxI+t8UYOALAAxgNsA/AGJK4KcK4BAAQ+YGIIB/0AAABsArQArA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AMAAQAAAAIAAABkAAAAAGQAAAAAZAACAAwA=

That was quite the slugfest. "Covered in are exclusion towers" -- never thought I'd call that an understatement. :)
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

MizInIA

Quote from: Grayzzur on November 06, 2013, 07:07:56 PM
Quote from: MizInIA on November 06, 2013, 03:39:49 PM

Land the Island

That was quite the slugfest. "Covered in are exclusion towers" -- never thought I'd call that an understatement. :)
does Smeared with Air exclusion towers sound better?  :) i knew there would be better times. Cavemaniac put up an awesome time.