Topic for sharing Awesome DMD Maps

Started by pawel345, October 10, 2013, 02:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawel345

So if you have played any really fun, interesting or simply enjoyable map please share it here to dig it out from the overall list.

Shields and spores: A really interesting multitasking map, but very large so it can get a bit long.

BQC73UAmyc5gLQcAAAAAAQABAT0APAAcXA4sEAggAwiIAAAASADQgOD1BUAB4AEAAKBAwGDkK4MCAAqgAEAG4MF7woIiQOFegGcB+58HAEAD4AbAHkAz4MRq4Oj6XwIAoIMFBoDKyg5AFQAAAADA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AMAAAEBBQQGAAvQBAABAAAAAgAIZAADAAAA=

teknotiss

i'm not saying this topic is redundant, but surely the DMD Online Maps button is sort of what you're doing here  ???
perhaps this should be for great DMD maps that a player can't complete?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Cavemaniac

Quote from: teknotiss on October 10, 2013, 04:17:41 PM
i'm not saying this topic is redundant, but surely the DMD Online Maps button is sort of what you're doing here  ???
perhaps this should be for great DMD maps that a player can't complete?

No, no, no - this is great!

The DMD list is cool, but at the end of the date it's just a list of DMD maps that someone may or may not choose to click on.

Use this thread to bring attention to awesome DMD maps you've found and brag about finishing it first, and challenge others to beat you!

tek's idea is cool too, we need to share codes for unnamed/incomplete maps too - they don't appear in the DMD list 'til they're complete, but we need another thread for that.

Suggestion:

Make sure you give the name of the map so people can look for it in the DMD list rather than having to copy and paste the code, and put it in bold.

And if you post a screen grab, that'll really get people's attention.

I used to play cool DMD maps, but then be disappointed that nobody else wanted to play them...

So - let me present to you Pawel345's map:

Shields and spores: A really interesting multitasking map, but very large so it can get a bit long.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

pawel345

==' what I meant that while there are a 100 DMD maps right now not all of them are equally fun and interesting, so I wanted to gather the most fun ones.

Thanks for the support Cavemaniac :D

Mimsy

I made two recently that I enjoyed, largely because I turn off digitalis. :)

Shower
BABABuVlCgAAAAIAAADgAOAADXwCZAAyIjgEAACgACgwAAAAQAGAcCAjAwAAQAAAquABQOFBBsEDAApAAEABAAGEAyeGAAHhAKNCBsASAKAAgALAAwAPQMFDgQIAgAwAQMEDGQAPgAKAAgAAAADA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AMAAAEBAQABAADIAAEAAGQAAgII+AAAA
Wavy terrain with lots of spores, largely intended for you to nullify and use the power nodes. There are no totems but instead aether deposits; that plus the terrain gives it a CW1 feel. The emitters are strong, you'll need the power nodes to push in well, and you need a good strong spore defense setup.

Bottomless Basin BQADw31iOfwDRN/MsHoAAQABDkUCpAF+eCgQAADwAjBoAAAIOACgcECDJVAQQAAQIOBjgaKNnkAGgAxgAYABYCAJBfhGgWEdQRQCEyAWAOACgAXAOmBKAKZHhYb/3w4gIEMGMwCrixNAAEAYAA3A/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AMAAgAAAAMAAQDEAAEAAPAAAAIA5AADAAQA=
Terrain around the border sloping down into a void in the middle. There are three areas with lines of void separating them. One is small but completely safe, one is pretty easy to conquer, and the third has several emitters and a strong spore launcher. I set up small defensive bases in the second and third zones and used the first for collecting ore and making bombers. The second turned into my main base.

CW1 style
I didn't make it but it was quite fun. Not too long, not too hard, not too complicated.
Momo on the DMD scores.

teknotiss

i think if you put the code into the "insert code" box (near to the spoiler button, with "#" on it) it stops the topic from having to scroll and keeps it to the quote box
i'll post a DMD i like here
AgAIAAAAAwAAAAEAAADgAH4AAo0D0gIAAAAEAACgACgwAAAAQAGAcCAjQ6AwgACQjIwsI+P/P0ABQAagAMADAACEAycmAAHhAKNCAYAMIIAMgAzAAwAPQMFDgQIAgAwgQ8EDGQAPgAKAAgAAAADA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AEAAAA==

fun map, air assault style, backed up by lots of my favourite ground unit; Bertha!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Mimsy

Shields and Spores was brutal. Unfortunately, once you get a stable base from the hundreds of incoming spores, the rest of the map is pretty boring. Just long. :( The first 20 minutes or so were great and probably took me two hours of real time (plus 4 restarts) to get through. :D

I've started dialing what I call "Simplified" maps. No spores, resource deposits, digitalis, or air denial and then restricted buildings. No siphons, beams, or snipers, which aren't used anyway, and build limits on shields, bombers, and berthas. The idea is so you can't just nuke an emitter from afar and clean up with a safe little shield holding back the thin remaining stuff.
Momo on the DMD scores.

pawel345

Well yes, but adding an inhibitor would probably make the map a rush for the inhibitor. So the choice is a huge map with lot's of action for ~30 min and another ~20 min on x4 cleanup or a map for lot's of action for 15 min :P try out Space Islands-2 that one is similarly hard but smaller ^^

Karsten75

Quote from: Mimsy on October 15, 2013, 03:23:40 PM
Shields and Spores was brutal.

How did you start the map? The lower left corner has 6,000 worth of energy packs and an Aether pack. I found it relatively easy to establish a foothold and I could not use up all my energy resource packs. The latter is my favorite gripe.

Karsten75

Quote from: Mimsy on October 15, 2013, 03:23:40 PM
the rest of the map is pretty boring. Just long.

Too true. At this point, (maybe 33 minutes in), I realized I was surfing the web while "playing", so I quit the map. I think if one can manage to not get distracted, one can get to that point in <15 minutes. As I said, I could not manage to drain all the energy resource packs. So even more aggressive building would still be possible.

I'd *really* like to know where you chose your starting point that took you two hours and 4 restarts?

pawel345

Well that map was the second one i managed to make with DMD so it's not the hardest one out there. I started on the far right near to one of the freeze AoO. And while I didn't need a restart the first 30 min or so was action packed fight on multiple fronts. Remember that as one of the betas that had the game for a year or so you are much more familiar with this game and probably on a higher level.

teknotiss

loved "Shields and Spores" great map, kept me interested all game, and it really rewards aggression, just a few mins of mop up to do and a score will be subbed.
also loving "Get Over There"
AwBx7Y92EwAAAAEAAAAAAQABAOkD6ANaPDwEAACgACgwAAgIIAOIkmAAMSAwIAAQoOABQAHCiIAMABkAAAAAAACEA8ooIAPhAMpIBgAZAKADgAzAAwAPIABCgQIAgAwAQIEHGQAPgAKAAoAuQAnA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AMAAwIDAgAA=
another fun one, bertha time for this one!  :D

Mimsy

If you're addicted to Terps like me, here's a fun one:
BQBPk+UGvU5Ja2fecQgAAQABCAEAAABSqD4AEBAAAEhAAAAAIADokOAwIZABIEOgI6AgAoPfvyEEAArAAQACwMD1hyuIQKG8pcAIEUATAIAFgAWACKBJYMlr6gvyvxAAACMFBsCFgRXAF0AMQAvA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP////8AQEBBQQEBABkAAAAAGQAAAAAZAABAAwA=
Aside from the landing pad, there's nowhere to build. You'll have trouble even finding 3x3 spots to get relays to ores and totems. :) Sadly, unlimited Thors are allowed so once you can afford the ammo you've basically won. It's still a challenge though since Thors won't clear thin creeper... which stops you from putting out the much-needed relays or terraforming.

EDIT: it's called "Beat My Time" but don't let the dumb name dissuade you.
Momo on the DMD scores.

Mimsy

Here's a bizarre one I couldn't do:

AgCzAIo1kkuBRDdQilsAAQABAPEAyABaPDwEEBCgACgwAAgIQAGIcCAjQxAAgAAAquABQOFBJgMBQAKgAMADAAGEAycmAAHhAKNCAYAMAKAAgALAAwAPQMFDgQIAgAwgQMEDGQAPgAKAAgAAAABAAQAAAADA/////////z8AwP///////////////////38AwP8/AEAAAA==

Called Collection Agent, you don't get a base. You get 5 collectors and no reactors, and there are spores and emitters all over the place. Someone did it, I have no idea how, but with 6 hours of game time. I have to imagine that was mostly 4x speed and not all at once, but still. If you're a masochist, beat it and post here how. :)
Momo on the DMD scores.

Eketek

Quote from: Mimsy on October 21, 2013, 09:47:13 PM
Here's a bizarre one I couldn't do:

AgCzAIo1kkuBRDdQilsAAQABAPEAyABaPDwEEBCgACgwAAgIQAGIcCAjQxAAgAAAquABQOFBJgMBQAKgAMADAAGEAycmAAHhAKNCAYAMAKAAgALAAwAPQMFDgQIAgAwgQMEDGQAPgAKAAgAAAABAAQAAAADA/////////z8AwP///////////////////38AwP8/AEAAAA==

Called Collection Agent, you don't get a base. You get 5 collectors and no reactors, and there are spores and emitters all over the place. Someone did it, I have no idea how, but with 6 hours of game time. I have to imagine that was mostly 4x speed and not all at once, but still. If you're a masochist, beat it and post here how. :)

Oh, I'm pretty sure I can take several hours off that score...