Started by AutoPost, September 08, 2018, 08:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: The Gorge

Author: Goon Squad

Desc:
Get ready for an intense onslaught.

cwmapplayer

Fun, but can't collect that artifact, even after eroding the green wall.

GoodMorning

Is it possible to do so by flying the city directly over it?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

cwmapplayer

Nope, besides, the city cannot fly.  Looking in the map editor, the artifact is directly on top of a red wall block that dots that horizontal line across the map.  I don't think it's possible, but I'm seeing a bunch of scores of people who completed it which puzzles me.

Frozty

It's been awhile since I played this through (it would be nice if the scores showed a date), but I just ran a test and I can connect to the artifact with a normal collector on the wall next to / south of it. Nothing unusual in my gameplay.  I wonder if operating system has an effect (the PC I play on is Win7).

It's nice to see that there is still some activity on CW1... I haven't even tried the newer versions yet.

cwmapplayer

Builder17

Quote from: cwmapplayer on September 19, 2019, 05:11:28 AM
What could I be doing wrong?  https://i.imgur.com/DOJpwie.png

Is your CW1 version up-to-date? For technical reasons, steam version might be best way to check it: https://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/steamkeys.php

Karsten75

I had a look at this map

I'm not sure that the version of the game will affect the connection distance, but it is worth checking out (Also, for the record, I did run on the Steam version).

I also don't offhand recall the version of the game, but you can get the latest version here: https://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/patches.php

cwmapplayer

All your sprites look weird and different...  don't like it. 

It's gotta be a different version of the game.  Now I'm guessing, it was broken across versions and the version I have doesn't let you pick up artifacts on top of the magenta indestructible walls.    Whoops!

Karsten75

Quote from: cwmapplayer on September 19, 2019, 03:13:13 PM
All your sprites look weird and different...  don't like it. 

It's gotta be a different version of the game.  Now I'm guessing, it was broken across versions and the version I have doesn't let you pick up artifacts on top of the magenta indestructible walls.    Whoops!

The units look different because I'm playing the anniversary edition.  Your guess is way wrong, and it is disproved by the number of completion scores on the map.  Have you even tried to go to the link I posted and downloaded the latest version there?

cwmapplayer

Welp... with your help, I figured out the problem.  I was using version 380 (confused with creeper world 3 as the latest) and found two versions that proceed it:  572 and "anniversary".  I first saw the link to the anniversary one which, unfortunately is what steam gives you because I really dislike the sprites, so I kept digging and found version 572, which still looks good, and the collector ends up binding to the artifact, so bam... map complete!  Thanks!