Artifacts of Odin is AoO or AoA?

Started by Builder17, October 23, 2015, 05:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Builder17

Title is question.
Some people write it AoA.
But I think it should be AoO.  :)

Asbestos

AoA is a typo, plain and simple. It's not ambiguous. Artifact of Odin has the acronym AoO.

Builder17

Thanks  :)
But if you want you can search knucklecracker forum and see how many AoA typos here is  :o
Or look this image http://prntscr.com/8ufto3.

Grayzzur

People also confuse they're/their/there, misspell every other word known to man, and commit all sorts of grammatical sins.
Doesn't matter how many times they do it that way, they're still wrong.

I see "AoA" and think "Angle of Attack" -- but that's an airplane thing. :)
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Grayzzur on October 23, 2015, 10:38:50 AM

People also confuse they're/their/there, misspell every other word known to man, and commit all sorts of grammatical sins.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Karsten75

My pet peeve is that almost every time I type the word "lathe" I add an "r" and write "lather". Annoying as heck, given how often I type that word.

Cavemaniac

The reasoning is that if enough people agree on something, it becomes real and accepted.

The expression 'a lot' - now well on it's way to becoming a single accepted word - 'alot' - because so many people now spell it that way...

Grrr.

That's my #2 pet peeve.

Now, if only we could get enough people to agree that the moon is made of green cheese...

No, I'm with Grayzzur - they're still wrong!

And bad luck Karsten - you've got a long road ahead of you to undo that tick! You'll probably kick it, then never need to type 'Lathe' ever again.

Unless you you find yourself referring to machinery on a regular basis...
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

teknotiss

Quote from: Cavemaniac on October 23, 2015, 04:06:52 PM

;D ;)
good one  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

mzimmer74

Quote from: Cavemaniac on October 23, 2015, 04:06:52 PM

Wow...just wow!

Actually, as odd as that was I couldn't stop watching and listening to it.  I'm seriously contemplating bookmarking that to show to basically anybody who makes a post online.

Edit:  I left out a word and figured that would be a bad idea on this particular post! :)
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

warren

Lathe, rinse and repeat! the perfect tagline for game 4!

Also, a harder one to get straight: CPRL. (Canadian Pacific RaiL) (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation Long-form)