CW-CW3 main story arc unraveled!

Started by Asbestos, March 28, 2014, 09:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asbestos

Warning: Here be spoilers for CW and CW3.
Spoiler
So, in chat, me and Warpsing (and a little bit of mthw2vc) discovered the far-reaching plot of the Creeper World series.
Full chat logs:
Spoiler
(17:39:04) Warpsing: i wnat to see odin city actually in CW3 and help build.
(17:39:32) Asbestos: The black hole at the end of CW led to the future!
(17:39:49) Asbestos: And Odin City and the remains of the Thor are actually on Arca!
(17:40:08) Asbestos: Everything makes sense now!
(17:40:33) mthw2vc: Well, there goes half of the plot for my perpetually incomplete custom map series. :P
(17:41:42) F0R: rip
(17:41:51) Asbestos: CW was actually massive in scale and Odin City is Arca itself, appearing millions of years before CW3 and getting battered with meteroids to create a planet!
(17:42:03) mthw2vc: rip inhabitants of ridgelift
(17:42:39) Asbestos: The Thor went down the black hole later, which by then had shifted to exactly the time of when the Thor comes down to Arca and in orbit above the planet!
(17:42:55) F0R: this is sad
(17:43:39) Asbestos: Warpsing, you have justified all of the events of CW and CW3! Except CW2, because screw that.
(17:43:44) Warpsing: maybe a Odin City script should be able to use a enhanced version of the creating thing.
(17:44:01) F0R: i forgot the Cw2 story
(17:45:39) mthw2vc: I could probably make it out to be ridgelift that destroys rift space if I ever continued my CW1 series to its conclusion. I already had them wrecking the place up. :)
(17:46:37) Warpsing: hm... what about CW2 though.... maybe the thor also had the tech itself loaded onto it, thus preventijng them from making another?
(17:46:55) Asbestos: Exactly!
(17:46:57) mthw2vc: No, they needed the power core for it
(17:47:20) Asbestos: The power core was just a rock that Abraxis thought was lucky.
(17:47:27) Warpsing: yeah.. but in CW3...
(17:47:35) Warpsing: you can make multiple thors.
(17:47:38) Asbestos: The Thor was actually completely self-sustained.
(17:47:40) mthw2vc: Blame Platius for everything! :P
(17:47:44) Warpsing: in the original CW, you can only make one.
(17:48:00) Asbestos: Because in CW, it was the past.
(17:48:00) Warpsing: i think.
(17:48:24) Asbestos: Millions and millions of years past and building tech advanced.
(17:48:36) Asbestos: Billions and trillions of years.
(17:48:43) mthw2vc: nb: I haven't actually reached the end of the CW3 plot because when I left, there were no levels after Farbor
(17:49:10) Asbestos: Eons and aeons and (creeper world:) evermore long units of time advanced.
(17:49:24) Asbestos: Whoops, smiley face.
(17:49:55) Warpsing: but... why wasn't the dark beam and the dark mirrors in CW3.. along with the conversion bomb?
(17:50:12) Asbestos: Because they were both obsoleted!
(17:50:22) Asbestos: The dark beam was replaced with the iBeam.
(17:50:29) mthw2vc: Because you didn't pick up the tech for them, duh :P
(17:50:43) Asbestos: The iBeam 95 Excel Ubuntu.
(17:51:00) Asbestos: Comes in dark and light versions with the same unit-destroying power.
(17:51:30) Asbestos: The conversion bomb was replaced with the Conversion AoO.
(17:51:49) Asbestos: The AoO version has much longer range and none of that "building" stuff.
(17:51:51) Warpsing: maybe the conversion bomb was considered a artifact?
(17:52:06) Warpsing: and preserved in an info sphere?
(17:52:31) Warpsing: and the dark beam was deemed too dangerous, and purged.
(17:52:41) Asbestos: It was an artifact, because it was the equivalent of a typewriter nowadays.
(17:53:06) Warpsing: consequently, the dark mirror was also made useless.
(17:53:09) Asbestos: They improved it and called it the Conversion Bomb and Abraxis finds it and thinks it's old.
(17:53:28) Asbestos: So it's an artifact, because it was made a really long time ago.
[close]
tl;dr:
At the end of CW, Odin City and the Thor fly into the black hole at the center of the galaxy. The black hole actually leads into the future of millions of years before CW3. Odin City goes in first, and comes out into the future, where it slowly gathers mass from asteroids and meteorites until it becomes planet-sized. This planet becomes Arca. The Thor goes in later. By the time the Thor is sacrificed, the black hole's destination shifts to just as Skars fights the Nexus. The Thor comes out just beneath Arca's orbit and falls down to Arca, crashing and leaving the remains that Skars finds. The Thor is carrying the only Thor tech within itself and cannot be reproduced in CW2, and is why the remains contain the Thor tech that Skars can acquire. Building technology has also improved vastly between CW and CW3, which is why you can only build one Thor in CW, but you can build multiple Thors in CW3. The Dark Beam and Conversion Bomb from CW2 were either obsoleted or purged.
[close]
Behold, WMG at its finest hour.

planetfall

... this explains the hexagonal terrain at the center of Arca!

However you failed to explain why Thor no longer has its own power source in CW3.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Asbestos

Quote from: planetfall on March 28, 2014, 09:39:58 PM
... this explains the hexagonal terrain at the center of Arca!

However you failed to explain why Thor no longer has its own power source in CW3.
I addressed that in the chat logs.
Spoiler
The Thor was always self-sustained. The "power source" was just a rock that Platius told Skars was lucky and also a power source.
[close]

Warpsing

Or to make it more mass producible, they had to get rid of the idea that it can be self powered, and instead have it have a large energy amount. Man, we might actually be making some of the plot for Virgil!

planetfall

But, in cw1 the nexus is invulnerable to thor and in cw3 you need thor to destroy it. Also the original thor had a missile launcher on it, so you wouldn't need the buried launchers if it was the same thor. The way you described it, there wouldn't be any time for the thor to be modified, if it just pops out of the black hole and crashes.

... wait whoa whoa whoa, since when did Odin City go into the black hole? Did I seriously miss a major plot point? I thought that just the thor, nexus, and network fell in.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Asbestos

Quote from: planetfall on March 28, 2014, 10:04:38 PM
... wait whoa whoa whoa, since when did Odin City go into the black hole? Did I seriously miss a major plot point? I thought that just the thor, nexus, and network fell in.
... I might have misremembered some things.

Warpsing

Spoilers ahead.

Spoiler
Wait... Aha! An alternate reality Odin city falls in! essentially, in that timeline, the nexus was beaten without using the Thor tech, and Odin city had to be sacrificed They had the Thor replace Odin city, and became a prominent weapon against the creeper that remained, and so on.

The nexus and the odin city were merged, along with the massive network, and the black hole, warping it into our timeline, along with the remaining rubble, and morphed into the arc, and was more complex under, deeper than what terps can terraform, and therfor, shaped the way rubble and rock went on it.

However, since the massive network connecting put a strain on it, it had to make 6 metal platforms that prevented it from disappearing. But, the creeper can twist it so that it would be powered by creeper, and would make for a higher enough power to essentally not require the platforms. The creeper knew that it could summon the loki that way, and subconsciously went after it.
[close]

Or was i crazily rambling?

rolisster

Quote from: Asbestos on March 28, 2014, 11:50:04 PM
Quote from: planetfall on March 28, 2014, 10:04:38 PM
... I might have misremembered some things.

We don't know what happened with Odin city,And the black hole was still open( i think).Or mabye there really was an alternate reality Odin city.IDK.
Me:hey i wanna make a script that create packets.
CRPLgenius:No you can't
Me:NNNNOOOOOOOOO.........*KABOOOMMMM*
     ^^^^^^^^
<<Universe End>>
     vvvvvvvvvvv